Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EcoSmart 5csbr650stq1d03

Originally posted by jazzie366 View Post
    I'm going to try some of those Sylvania bulbs as they are made a bit better.
    Stay away from their halogens! Because we don't know where they're getting their halogen capsules!

I would go for their 38 W incandescents! You can find them at Family Dollar...

And if you don't mind incandescents, GE-Hungary, FTW! Especially their 3-way ones and their 40 W globes, but check the box to verify!
    Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 10-15-2017, 08:15 PM.
    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Re: EcoSmart 5csbr650stq1d03 LED light

Also avoid any Philips ALTO fluorescent lamps as the life of those lamps is mediocre at best.
      I'm not a expert, I'm just doing my best.

Comment

Originally posted by ruky con View Post
        Also avoid any Philips ALTO fluorescent lamps as the life of those lamps is mediocre at best.
        The only problem I'm having with them, is suspected to be caused by the ballast or the old wiring at 50 Atkinson St. in BF... (The 48 inchers) (The 48 inchers are one of the best, AFAIK) (They're not shit like many of the short ones seem to be...)

An electrician is expected to do the entire house! Thus, bye bye bye knob-and-post wiring or the like!

I honestly think there's also some cob-job wiring at 50 Atkinson St. at this time!

There seems to be a bullshit neutral, even at the current house! When I turn the Keurig brewer on, which is in the kitchen, the T12 fluorescent light in the kitchen flickers and the voltage rises on the same leg that the living room Tv, the Comcast cable box, the Comcast router, my monitor and PC stuff are connected to!

But I so far can only confirm that I caught it going from 124 V or the like to 126 V and sometimes 127 V... I think I need to try both the Keurig brewer and the range!
        Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 10-17-2017, 05:51 PM.
        ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

Comment

Originally posted by RJARRRPCGP View Post
          The only problem I'm having with them, is suspected to be caused by the ballast or the old wiring at 50 Atkinson St. in BF... (The 48 inchers) (The 48 inchers are one of the best, AFAIK) (They're not shit like many of the short ones seem to be...)
          I think the best philips ALTO lamps are the F15T8 lamps which also happen to be the only lamp in the ALTO series of lamps to be manufactured outside the U.S. (IIRC the lamps are (or were) made in Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by ruky con View Post
            I think the best philips ALTO lamps are the F15T8 lamps which also happen to be the only lamp in the ALTO series of lamps to be manufactured outside the U.S. (IIRC the lamps are (or were) made in Holland)
            I know that it has the highest CRI ratings of the Alto lineup!
            At least the "natural" ones. They appear to be made in Poland now...

While OTOH, looks like all post-2015 T5s are made in PRC! Shit!
            They're the only ones in the Alto family known to be made in PRC!

I hopefully still have the Hollandaise F15T8 sitting around somewhere...

The last time I was at the Claremont, NH Home Depot, all the packages of the 48-inch T8s and T12s that I saw, still reported being made in U.S.A.

But, by coincidence, I saw this when randomly browsing, which was from the horse's mouth! That one of the rules for an apartment of OSU, (OSU probably is the owner) bans incandescents like they're alcohol! I would watch out for OSU, if anyone here plans to go to that university!
            They appear to scream leftist, at least look as leftist as California, if not one of those worst-of-the-worst kind! And that's in a very red state! Apparently, they also act like Oklahoma never gets rain. They're also a major prohibition on hooking up hoses. Would sound too familiar to folks in California...
            I would be quaking, even just to bring my own efficient light bulbs with me, if I hypothetically went there! I fear that they may think like a fucking liquor control commission, tell folks that they can get light bulbs distributed by them only, and then confiscate them like they're knives, if not prison-style, even if they're LEDs!
            But, I dunno... But, if that's true, then OSU is one of those worst-of-the-worst kind!

The T12s (a.k.a. "fatties") still aren't banned in U.S.A., AFAIK...
            Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 10-17-2017, 08:46 PM.
            ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

Comment

You can still buy T12 lamps in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
                1 KOhm doesn't make that big of a spark. Try 24-Ohm heating element.
                Though I usually use a 4.7 KOhm, 5W resistor. Takes 2-3 seconds tops, usually.

I used to do that too. The problem is, I'm not worried so much about my fingers as I am about my multimeters and other tools.
                1k @ 370V-ish from two caps being put in series in a voltage doubler circuit, that'll flow about 250-400mA. That's 100W. That's a very nice spark.

It's either that or my screwdriver :P. I should take a room heater and put a few jumper leads on it, turn it on high and see what happens.
                Popcorn.

Comment

Originally posted by RJARRRPCGP View Post
                  Heads up! It looks like Phillips shutdown their Holland plant and that all post-2015 T5s are made in PRC! Shit!

While OTOH, their F15T8 manufacturing appears to have been moved to Poland... Why didn't Phillips at least do that with their T5s???

I'm at least a bit stumped! The only non-Chinese T5s that I saw, are new-old-stock at the Claremont, NH Home Depot, LOL.

It's a punch in the face to folks that like T5s!
                  Now, it looks like most T5 manufacturing returned to Europe, albeit not Holland. Wouldn't be surprised if that happened right when Ledvance moved Sylvania to China!
                  Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 05-17-2021, 12:18 PM.
                  ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

Comment

Originally posted by RukyCon View Post
                    Can't say that comment aged well, as at some point, Philips somewhat cleaned up their act while GE and Sylvania cut corners on their lamps, possibly to make their LEDs look better in comparison, one of the worst changes I saw was GE cutting the lumen output of their baseline cool white T8s from around 2200lm to 1800lm to match the lumen output of their LED tubes (but it appears they may have reverted this). While Sylvania's fluorescent tubes would go mercury staved within about a year or two of installation, this also used to be common with Philips, but I don't seem to see it as often anymore.

At this point, I'd say the current US-made Philips Altos are probably the best fluorescent tubes on the market, but will they keep that title as they move overseas? I'm not sure.

Also, looking through my old comments... Geez I was a dumbass, still probably am, but at least now I try to avoid asserting my stupidess into places where it doesn't have to be.
                    Last edited by RukyCon; 05-30-2021, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X