LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

I have just flashed the chip with patched bios and I get 5 beeps and no display

Comment

Can someone please patch this?
      Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-25-2023, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by xaxex View Post
        I have just flashed the chip with patched bios and I get 5 beeps and no display
        Clean me region the patched dumb

Comment

Can someone please patch this?
          Try

Comment

Originally posted by lapfix View Post
            Try
            I have flashed it. And now there is no sound and display.

What have I tried so far:

Read dump twice and matched Sha1 hashes
            Patched it and then flashed it with ch341a software. this resulted in 5 beeps and no display.

Downloaded patch of someone else from this thread and write it. The sound is gone and the display is still blank/black.

Downloaded original dump of someone else from this thread and write it. Still no change.

And now, I flashed the patch you provided. Still no change.

Can i recover it? When I was patching it, the software said:

[1/1] NVRAM_EfiSystemNvDataFvGuid (checksum 2609h):
            Not found... Skipping.

What do you mean clean ME?

Comment

What do you mean clean ME?[/QUOTE]

Read this thread : https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88533

Comment

Try this patch from maxpower : https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...+T440s+patched

Comment

I have cleaned ME. But only after merging both 4MB & 8MB dumps as it was not opening correctly in flash tool. Now, how do I unmerge it and flash separately to 4MB & 8MB flash chips?
                  Last edited by xaxex; 09-21-2020, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lapfix View Post

Try this patch from maxpower : https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...+T440s+patched
                    Already tried not working

Comment

Can someone provide a flashable files from these? These are original dumps and have yet to patch my laptop.

Contains both 4MB & 8MB dumps

Comment

I have cleaned ME. But only after merging both 4MB & 8MB dumps as it was not opening correctly in flash tool. Now, how do I unmerge it and flash separately to 4MB & 8MB flash chips?
                        There is no need to merge files, and no need to clean ME.
                        The autopatcher is reported to be working on T440 just fine. Use it on the 4MB dump. It will skip the NVRAM cleanup. That's fine. Then go ahead and flash it. FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS!!! remove the hard disk, tape down the anti-tamper switch (if you have one).

ALSO MAKE SURE YOU ACTUALLY HAVE A SUPERVISOR PASSWORD.
                        The patch does not work for boot password and hard disk passwords.

Comment

Originally posted by Knucklegrumble View Post
                          There is no need to merge files, and no need to clean ME.
                          The autopatcher is reported to be working on T440 just fine. Use it on the 4MB dump. It will skip the NVRAM cleanup. That's fine. Then go ahead and flash it. FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS!!! remove the hard disk, tape down the anti-tamper switch (if you have one).

ALSO MAKE SURE YOU ACTUALLY HAVE A SUPERVISOR PASSWORD.
                          The patch does not work for boot password and hard disk passwords.
                          It was PIA to disassemble whole laptop. The laptop hasn't been able to display anything since I flashed the patched file. Only the power key blinks. When I first flashed the patched, there were some beeps. This didn't went away despite waiting for minutes and restarting multiple times. All batteries were still removed at this point. Only gave power via adapter. It continued being blank. But then I panicked and flashed other t440p dumps on 4MB chip. This took the beep away but the display remained same i.e. blank, not even a light. Then I flashed original dump thinking it may restore my laptop, but it didn't. Now, I am cleaning ME.

I have followed instructions very carefully so far. Haven't tried hard disk thing but will it help with display? Should I just patch the 4MB and boot up without HDD when the laptop doesn't even has any display or beeps now. And only power lights up

I have supervisor password in BIOS which doesn't let me change any intel processor virtual settings. All the options are locked. It's a supervisor password and it's enabled. When ever i enter bios, it asks me for supervisor first and if i press enter, it loads basic bios with no change able option
                          Last edited by xaxex; 09-21-2020, 01:13 PM.

Comment

One strange thing I have noticed. When I write a ROM and then read it again, shouldn't it be same? Except it's not.

The file hashes doesn't match means the read file is changed from the file I am writing to chip.

Comment

@xaxex
                              CH341A programmer is known to corrupt the dump under certain circumstances, I'll say this is due to the speed of the computer being used to read/write chip (an old computer may work best, seems like programmer can not keep up and it corrupts dump when reading or corrupts chip contents when writing), but to solve this problem I suggest to use FlashROM with CH341A driver.
                              Get a clean ME dump for your ThinkPad T440p, once it works you can get it patched.

For FlashROM check post #19:
                              www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=69145

Comment

@xaxex My advice is if you use the ch341a programmer you should also use the Colibri 10.0.1.61 software for reading and writing back. The other software does not read/dump the eeprom correctly.

Comment

It was PIA to disassemble whole laptop. The laptop hasn't been able to display anything since I flashed the patched file. Only the power key blinks. When I first flashed the patched, there were some beeps. This didn't went away despite waiting for minutes and restarting multiple times. All batteries were still removed at this point. Only gave power via adapter. It continued being blank. But then I panicked and flashed other t440p dumps on 4MB chip. This took the beep away but the display remained same i.e. blank, not even a light. Then I flashed original dump thinking it may restore my laptop, but it didn't. Now, I am cleaning ME.

I have followed instructions very carefully so far. Haven't tried hard disk thing but will it help with display? Should I just patch the 4MB and boot up without HDD when the laptop doesn't even has any display or beeps now. And only power lights up

I have supervisor password in BIOS which doesn't let me change any intel processor virtual settings. All the options are locked. It's a supervisor password and it's enabled. When ever i enter bios, it asks me for supervisor first and if i press enter, it loads basic bios with no change able option
                                  The instructions are:
                                  1. Read your bios chip and create a dump file
                                  2. Do it again 2-3 times and compare the files to verify integrity
                                  3. Patch the dump
                                  4. Write the patch to your laptop
                                  5. DISCONNECT HARD DRIVE
                                  6. TAPE DOWN ANTI-TAMPER SWITCH (IF PRESENT)
                                  7. Boot laptop and follow the steps in the first post (or see directions by executing autopatch --howto)
                                  8. WRITE ORIGINAL BIOS BACK TO THE MACHINE!

So the answer to your question "Haven't tried hard disk thing but will it help with display?" is: it's possible, but if you don't try it how can we troubleshoot?

Comment

I confirm that it did work on a lenovo x240 corei5. I had to rename file to 1.bin. Follow instructions closely. Thank you all.

Comment

Can anybody make patch for T570 , sizes of pach files not match as size in dump...
                                      autopatcher alway says : Using UEFIReplace to inject 0 DXE drivers...
                                      Last edited by OmegaPrime; 09-30-2020, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OmegaPrime View Post
                                        Can anybody make patch for T570 , sizes of pach files not match as size in dump...
                                        autopatcher alway says : Using UEFIReplace to inject 0 DXE drivers...
                                        post your old dump

Comment

here is

Comment

Working...
                                          X