Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gigabyte GTX 760OC. no display.

Hello 2 everybody

I have GTX 760OC that power on (fans) and the i checked it without the cooler and its heats up. Don't have display, don't have any burnt marks or caps. what should i do\check please?

TNX in advance

RED: Vcc-12 R-6k ohms
    BLUE: Vcc- 1.5+- R-110 ohms
    GREEN: Vcc- 0.8 R- 8 ohms
    Attached Files

Re: gigabyte GTX 760OC. no display.

check the power your providing to the 2 plugs on the card is good

Comment

Originally posted by brethin View Post
      check the power your providing to the 2 plugs on the card is good
      what do i need to see?

Comment

If this is a problem that appeared "out of nowhere" in a PC that it's been working fine in before, and if the PSU is a known good brand (and no bad caps inside it)... then most likely the GPU chip on the video card has just bit the dust.

And in that case, there isn't much you can do about the video card. Re-flowing/re-balling may bring it back to life (typically only briefly), but don't count on it.

When modern GPUs fails, over 80% of the failures are typically GPU chip-related - i.e. not repairable (or so to speak, for all practical purposes.)

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
          If this is a problem that appeared "out of nowhere" in a PC that it's been working fine in before, and if the PSU is a known good brand (and no bad caps inside it)... then most likely the GPU chip on the video card has just bit the dust.

And in that case, there isn't much you can do about the video card. Re-flowing/re-balling may bring it back to life (typically only briefly), but don't count on it.

When modern GPUs fails, over 80% of the failures are typically GPU chip-related - i.e. not repairable (or so to speak, for all practical purposes.)
          But in the red, i know i should get 12v and 5v and there is only 12v. So there is a prob that can be fix, the gpu dont get 5v.

Comment

No, these modern GPUs work off of the 12V rail only, which they then convert down for the GPU core, GPU secondary core / PCI-E comm bus, RAM Vdd, and RAM Vtt. The only place you will see 5V is on cards that still have analog output / RAMDACs - and that would be through a linear regulator typically fed from the 12V rail again (and from the PCI-E bus connector). On that note, nVidia removed analog output (no VGA capability on the cards anymore) starting with the GTX 10x0 series. For ATI/AMD, it started with the RX line. So if you need analog output, the last and best cards are the GTX 980 Ti and R9 290/390[X].
            Last edited by momaka; 06-15-2019, 09:53 PM.

Comment

So, its dead?

P.s
              I know about the power cables.��
              Attached Files

Comment

ya it's dead.

Comment

Originally posted by brethin View Post
                  ya it's dead.
                  For all practical purposes, that's correct.

Though a GPU reflow might revive the card and make it work for a bit while longer (again, how long will vary with every card and how the reflow/reheating was done.)

If you don't want to bother trying a reflow, best use would be for parts use - that is either keep it or sell it for cheap. I get a lot of MOSFETs and ICs from dead video cards I find on eBay... when the price is right.

And if you ever get a mid or high-end card dead, pull the heatsink/cooler from it - sometimes, these go for almost as much as a working card itself. I buy dead high-end video cards for their beefy coolers rather frequently and know some other techs do as well.
                  Last edited by momaka; 07-06-2019, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X