This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi, Hoping to get help at times and be of help too.

Comment

Hi ...
      My name is Pete
      im from Malaysia
      an electronic engineer in mobile phone and home appliances industry,
      nice to meet u all

Comment

Hi my name is Pop13.
        I am a technical person.
        I get enjoyment out of fixing broken things and thinking through the process.

Comment

hello

Comment

Hi, need to learn how to repair computer hardware.

Comment

Re: CatherDav - HELLO

I WELCOME to everyone that joins in!!

Peta, ofcourse some advertising would always be helpful to making this a success.... This forum has existed since October 6th 2003, online the first time at about 9:00PM CST. Being a couple days old, atleast there's traffic...

I don't know if this forum will be a huge success or not, I created it out of requests from viewers, so we'll see how many actually join... If it takes off, I'll be tickled pink!! If it flops, I'll simply remove it.

A little about me?!?

HMMM I'll give a little info... I've been in the electronics field since 1991, with experience ranging from TV/VCR repair all the way to industrial electronics for a very large and well known manufacturer. I started in computers in 1994, just for a change and something I thought would be more challenging.... First of all, in the computer field, I AM NOT a number cruncher (programmer) YUK!!!!! I'm a hardware/network guy... I can install any OS, repair and make it work, but sitting and typing code is more boring than watching flies mate!! So I stick to hardware!! I get the 'thrill' from coming up with cures for problems, creative and USEFUL mods (this DOES NOT include neon lights and corny batman windows in my cases)...

Before the VP6 was around, Abit's poster child was the BP6, dual celeron board... Being one of the pioneers to run dual Coppermines in my BP6 was quite a thrill... Then came the VP6, and the dreaded crap cap problem... Thus was born PROJECT:VP6, which is over a year old... It can be viewed at www.kabalsrealm.com/systems/projects/vp6/. That single article ultimately led to badcaps.net and this forum... I was shocked at the publicity it drew...

A little inside info?!?
              Well, age?! I'll say late 20's and that's close enough... I enjoy dealing with the computers, all of this is just a hobby these days, so if it did flop, it's no loss... I'm also a car nut... (300ZX!!!)... I also enjoy flying immencely, although, no I don't own an airplane... YET!!! Maybe if I sell off all this computer junk, I could afford one... HEH I own 3 domain names, and host sites for a few friends on this array... Of course they pay me nothing... HMMM Ohh well... Money isn't all... That's about all I think needs to be revealed... If there's something you really need to know about me, ask... The answer all depends on the question you asked...

Anyhow,
              Peta, and everyone else that has joined, Welcome to the forums!! Bring some friends with ya!! :roll:[/QUOTE]

Comment

hello

Comment

Hello,

Glad to have access to this site!

Comment

Hi, new guy here!
                    I was directed to this thread from the PM.

Comment

Hello.
                      Well im trying to repair one old 58 years reel to reel tube recorder and i need information for changing capacitors.
                      I leave in Cyprus and here is somehow impossible to find the informations i need.
                      Sorry for my bad English.

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hi all. Looks like a great forum. Hoping to get some help with my TCL TV.

Comment

Hi,
                            I'm electronics hobbyist

Comment

Hello Guys,

I am Gerben, and want to get to motherboard repairs. I am currently working on a HP tpn-q140, with no power. I really like projects like these!

Comment

Just getting started with laptops and TV repair, this forum was recommended to me, seems like a great resource, come from Medical Electronics background

Comment

Hi I'm Mitul, found this place while looking for original xbox capacitor replacement information. Nice to find a place with some up to date information and not from 10 years ago

Comment

Hello all. I'm an avid tinkerer and the guy who friends and family ask to fix stuff.
                                    From the easy old days of desktop PCs, to the more recent tablet and mobile gear, I've fixed, or at least tried, to fix most things.
                                    I'd like more knowledge on board level stuff out of interest, but maybe to be able to actually help people with component level issues.

Comment

Found this site looking for a way to remove a password from a laptop. Hope it works!

Comment

Hello world , please I'm Brainiac Hertz a laptop repair technician.
                                        I hope I'm welcomed among you.

Comment

Good afternoon - new member here. I would classify myself as a computer enthusiast, rc car destroyer, father of two and husband (in reverse order). I stumbled on this forum searching for a replacement part for a power supply on my monitor and have fallen down the rabbit hole.

Comment

Working...
                                          X