X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi all,
    Good to know there's some component level guys still around. last time I messed around with electronics to component level was when you could look at teh components without a magnifying glass, and the pitch on teh ic pins meant you could get a probe on them without shorting out 5 at once; and as for smd's, well they were very rare then - not like now eh!

I have been in the engineering game for over 30 years. I did my college education in electronics and software where I kept my focus for the first 12 years of my career. Since then I have wandered into others areas. mainly due to career opportunities at work, and left my electronics behind, even though I still have an interest in it.

I'm currently clearing out a spare room an found an old wharfedale combi lcd tv which seems to not like keeping the picture on after 5 mins, even though the sound is still there. I had a quick google for possible issues and came across this site, hence why joining. The same room has my scope (which hasn't been on for about 10 years, so may not even work, dvm and cap meter, so I may just have a fiddle.

Would be nice to have the time to spend on this more seriously, but hey, you've gotta start somewhere.

P

Comment

Hello,

New to electronic repair. I've been fixing PC's for about twenty years. Changing boards is as close to fixing PC boards. Now I want to learn soldering repair of PC boards on TV's and PC's.

Comment

Hello!!
        My name is Rictec (google it lol) since it was requested i m saying hello here

i have no clue on what i m doing, why i m doing it or for what purpose i just like to repair things or make them completely useless yep thats me nice to meet you all

over and out

Comment

hello.
          my name is rami, i am doing electronics repairs as a hobby, kind of DIY tech guy i suppose.
          nice to be here!

Comment

Hi ...
            My name is Damian, I am a IT guy (Linux) but still doing some electronics DIY project.
            Well the Linux is already a DIY computer project, is it ?

Comment

Hello everyone. My name is Angel. I'm from Puerto Rico. I'm a electronics technician who wants to learn more and more. I hope we can contribute to make our knowledge richer.

Comment

Hello everyone. Been reading on this forum for a while. Great resource.

Comment

Hi all, I think I already posted here, though quite a while ago, but I seem not to have a permission to post or even view my own profile, so here goes again.

Comment

Hi there, I've never really posted here but have always "read up" on issues/problems and fixes. I've repaired many LCDs, Power supplies, motherboards and some TVs. I'll be looking for some more knowledge for the BadCap fans in my latest TV project. Looking forward to sharing here too.
                    PC XT, overclocked to 10 Mhz, with 8-bit expansion BUS, 640KB RAM and dual 5.25" floppies

Comment

Hi,

Looks like I found the proper place while searching about faulty TV power supply using CapXon items.

I'm not an hardware hacker nor anything about that. I graduated in computer science and software development, later earned a master in CS too.

I've been working for 15 years in IT world. My jobs ranged from B2B websites, back end tools (ERP, stock management...), police enforcement software and now focusing on document management for plants and refineries.

In my spare time, I'm trying to gather some basic knowledge about hardware and especially about IoT.
                      I'm proud owner of a Raspberry Pi controlled garage door (see wiki page). I have a few arduino boards/clones around with which I'd like to control my home HVAC (4 inverters and a fuel furnaec).
                      This is still pretty new (well, more than a year now) and slowly expanding basic hardware know-how.

Since I have a "dead" ViewSonic 40" HD Ready television, I'm giving it a try for a new life in the basement.
                      My subscription will be to get back that television to life and gather some basic skills.

Comment

hello

Comment

Hello to all members of this great Forum and thank you for all the help and info herein, I just registered and I'm already loving it!

By the way; I need schematics for ASUS K54C....

Comment

Hello to everyone here. This forum looks like alot of great information. Thanks for having me aboard.

Looking for service manual for SAMSUNG TV

Comment

Howdy, joined the forum after looking around for a while because there seem to be many knowledgeable folk on this site!

Comment

I'm joining from Ottawa, Canada, as I have a Magnavox 50" TV I bought at Target a few years ago (while they existed in Canada), and it has started flickering, and there's red pixels/noise on the screen sometimes, and power cycling seems to stop it for a while.

Hoping to research to find out if I just need to replace some caps.. something I have been doing for many years, starting with a motherboard I ran an Athlon 800 CPU on IIRC (many many years ago). Since then I have replaced caps in wireless access points, and a bunch of other things.

Comment

Hello people,
                                  I am almost 9 years retirement and my hobbies are electronics and I am also licensed radio amateur. HF technology also has my special interested.
                                  In my working life I have worked with electronics for 40 years. Whenever someone with a broken device to come to me, I make an effort to fix it.
                                  My hometown is in the midde of Netherlands namely Nieuwegein. Sorry for my english, I use googles translate and that's not always a good translation.

Comment

Hi All and would like to say hello and will be picking the brains of the sages here for some advice.

Thanks for all the hard work the mods and administrators put in to running the forum.

Comment

Thanks so much for letting me join. I respect that. Lifelong electronics junky that fixes smartphones, tvs, toasters computers, fishing rods, cars, toys, houses, boats, lawnmowers - you get the idea. I just like fixing things. Keeps my brain fresh. Already found a fix here and I appreciate it!

Comment

Hello everyone, im a computer nerd, i like doing this myself. I'm here to learn more about tv's since i mainly stick to PC's. This seems like a great place for technical information and help diagnosing problems. Look forward to learning and hopefully repairing this TV my brother was about to throw in the trash!

Comment

Hey everyone, I've found some useful information here so far, and I'm hoping to fix this Samsung TV given to me! Have somewhat of a background in electronics, but I'm definitely open to learning as I attempt to revive this TV.

Comment

Working...
                                          X