Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UN70NU6070 TV Issue - HELP!

Evening,

I started experiencing color/brightness issues with my 70” Samsung tv after a year or so from date of purchase. It doesn't seem as bright and the colors are a little off. Is this a backlight issue or something else? I'm pretty hands on, so I don't mind tackling the issue if I can pinpoint what it is.

Any help would be appreciated.

Model #: UN70NU6070

Video comparison:
    https://youtu.be/6dNhwNy_lus
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 07-12-2021, 06:36 AM. Reason: Added UN70NU6070 to thread title

Re: Samsung UN70NU6070 TV Issue - HELP!

Yes, it could be backlight. Did you you run it at 100%?
    In the meantime you can change color temperature setting in user menu and tune white balance in service menu. Reduce backlight to minimum possible setting.
    For best results run the test with fully white screen.
    If white is good, you can play with tint setting for colors, but better set it in the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by alfatv View Post
      Yes, it could be backlight. Did you you run it at 100%?
      In the meantime you can change color temperature setting in user menu and tune white balance in service menu. Reduce backlight to minimum possible setting.
      For best results run the test with fully white screen.
      If white is good, you can play with tint setting for colors, but better set it in the middle.
      Appreciate it the advice. I've played with all the settings, performed a picture and power reset, and even spoke with a Samsung representative. None of those were helpful. I may end up replacing the backlight due to it being inexpensive but was still hoping someone could pinpoint the exact issue.

Comment

It is unlikely to be the backlight, I would first check the source, possible bad hdmi cable? The next thing I would check (reseat) is the LVDS cable between the main board and t-con.

Comment

Change the picture settings to vivid or standard. See if that makes any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
            It is unlikely to be the backlight, I would first check the source, possible bad hdmi cable? The next thing I would check (reseat) is the LVDS cable between the main board and t-con.
            Ordered a new tcon board so let's see what happens.

Originally posted by ducky29 View Post
            Change the picture settings to vivid or standard. See if that makes any difference.
            Lol thanks for your Input.

Comment

Probably a gamma issue on the tcon. Think you're on the right track.

Comment

Originally posted by mmartell View Post
                Probably a gamma issue on the tcon. Think you're on the right track.
                +1
                It does look as though the black level is washed out.
                Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Can you go this site and post pictures of gradients white red green blue?
                  https://www.eizo.be/monitor-test/

Comment

Replaced the tcon board. It's definitely better but not perfect, then again I'm comparing it to the picture on my iPhone. It's still a little saturated (maybe that's the word)

Comment

People’s faces look like they have a bad tan

Comment

Do you have pictures of both t-con boards? it is possible they could be for different models. You can't always go by the BNxx-xxxxxx number you need to use the number on the white sticker. I suspect there is an eeprom on the board and it bight be programmed for a different panel or main board
                        Last edited by R_J; 07-17-2021, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
                          Do you have pictures of both t-con boards? it is possible they could be for different models. You can't always go by the BNxx-xxxxxx number you need to use the number on the white sticker. I suspect there is an eeprom on the board and it bight be programmed for a different panel or main board
                          Not anymore. Old board is long gone but I purchased the new board based off the sticker on the back.

Comment

Another thing I noticed is that when I first turn the tv on, the colors appear to be perfect but slowly goes back to its original color issue

Comment

Could be the backlights. The phosporous on some of the LEDs may be failing causing a shift towards blue/purple (or pink before it gets to blue/purple).

Comment

Originally posted by frannyjunk View Post
                                Could be the backlights. The phosporous on some of the LEDs may be failing causing a shift towards blue/purple (or pink before it gets to blue/purple).
                                The led strips could cause the color discrepancy? Am I wrong to assume the leds only assisted in fixing dark spots on the screen.

Comment

Yes they do but I have never found a samsung with that fault. Mostly vestels and LG. The picture will get blueish but I don't think this is the case.

Comment

turn the red up and see what happens

Comment

Much probably bad backlight, must check power supply output tensions for the leds, must be in the range, if not it can ruin the led phosphors by too much tension. If those are ok so are bad leds.

Comment

Originally posted by frannyjunk View Post
                                        +1
                                        I totally agree with that.

Comment

Working...
                                        X