X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hiya,

From Sheffield, England looking to find some help regarding my pioneer hm72 amp that suddenly died.

I've found a tiny bit of information on the net about this amp as I've not come across any Schematics.

Hope to help where I can too, although my knowledge is limited :|

Comment

Hello from Rhode Island, US! I've been a member of the site for about 6 years now, and am just now coming across my first TV that someone hasn't posted a fix for already (Sceptre u500cv-umk8) on these forums, so I'll be posting shortly in a new thread.
      Thanks to all the hard working volunteers that keep this site alive!

Comment

Hi there, I'm Bybit from the Netherlands. I recently joined this forum to find some answers regarding unlocking bios passwords of laptops. I know there are some clever people hanging around here that want to help others with less experience in certain topics and I really appreciate that!

Comment

Greetings and hello from Russia

Comment

Hello everyone from Spain.

I have joined this forum to try to learn a little bit about electronics.

Comment

Hi guys, i'm from Romania, living in Spain. Because of economic crisis, i was forced to retry studying and i have chosen computer science and electronics. Looking for challenge/response code generator for my old toshiba I have found this site, which have an amazing knowledge and looks very good. Looking for helping everyone, anxious to learn.

Comment

hi my name is Frank I am 49 years old I am an industrial electronics since I was 17 years old, computers are used in industrial electronics, so I have been repairing them for years, I live in the Canary Islands, it is a tourist site where every year hundreds of people of all the world.

Comment

Hi, my name is, Kevin. I live in the U.S., I've been fascinated by electronics as far back as I can remember. I only began dabbling with soldering and repair last year. I see that this is a very useful site and hope to gain, and maybe share information with the community.

Love the site name, by the way lol
                  Last edited by omegaman7769; 02-10-2020, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Hey badcaps bada**es,
                    My name is Kevin and I joined this forum to learn more and share info on fixing electronic devices (rather than throwing them out). I really enjoy repairing anything, well perhaps not a pig pen but pretty much love fixing things. My issue is my technical knowledge needs some development.
                    I live in Scotland so that pretty much makes me a friendly, hard drinking, sunlight depraved yet inventive person.
                    Best regards to all on here.

Comment

Hello friends.

I'm from Tabasco México (no joke, actually exists), i repair electronics, mainly laptops for living, i'm still learning tough. I'm Hoping to help anyone that needs it, recently i bought an svod programmer, and i'll be uploading any bios and EC bios that i can in my spare time.

Have an excellent day.

Comment

Hello all!

I'm still just a noob at electronic components, self taught and learning every day. I hope to gain a lot of knowledge from this forum and the members of it. Tha k you in advance for all that everyone shares, believe it or not it still makes a difference.

Comment

Hello everyone!

Comment

hi guys,

I like repair everything, so I ask to myself:

"why not computers?"

..and I'm here

Thanks

Comment

Grazie per avermi accettato nel gruppo.

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                              A WELCOME to everyone that joins in!!

Peta, ofcourse some advertising would always be helpful to making this a success.... This forum has existed since October 6th 2003, online the first time at about 9:00PM CST. Being a couple days old, atleast there's traffic...

I don't know if this forum will be a huge success or not, I created it out of requests from viewers, so we'll see how many actually join... If it takes off, I'll be tickled pink!! If it flops, I'll simply remove it.

A little about me?!?

HMMM I'll give a little info... I've been in the electronics field since 1991, with experience ranging from TV/VCR repair all the way to industrial electronics for a very large and well known manufacturer. I started in computers in 1994, just for a change and something I thought would be more challenging.... First of all, in the computer field, I AM NOT a number cruncher (programmer) YUK!!!!! I'm a hardware/network guy... I can install any OS, repair and make it work, but sitting and typing code is more boring than watching flies mate!! So I stick to hardware!! I get the 'thrill' from coming up with cures for problems, creative and USEFUL mods (this DOES NOT include neon lights and corny batman windows in my cases)...

Before the VP6 was around, Abit's poster child was the BP6, dual celeron board... Being one of the pioneers to run dual Coppermines in my BP6 was quite a thrill... Then came the VP6, and the dreaded crap cap problem... Thus was born PROJECT:VP6, which is over a year old... It can be viewed at www.kabalsrealm.com/systems/projects/vp6/. That single article ultimately led to badcaps.net and this forum... I was shocked at the publicity it drew...

A little inside info?!?
                              Well, age?! I'll say late 20's and that's close enough... I enjoy dealing with the computers, all of this is just a hobby these days, so if it did flop, it's no loss... I'm also a car nut... (300ZX!!!)... I also enjoy flying immencely, although, no I don't own an airplane... YET!!! Maybe if I sell off all this computer junk, I could afford one... HEH I own 3 domain names, and host sites for a few friends on this array... Of course they pay me nothing... HMMM Ohh well... Money isn't all... That's about all I think needs to be revealed... If there's something you really need to know about me, ask... The answer all depends on the question you asked...

Anyhow,
                              Peta, and everyone else that has joined, Welcome to the forums!! Bring some friends with ya!! :roll:

Comment

Hello, My name is Dave and am from Iowa in the USA. I have a couple TV's with black screens, looking to try and repair them instead of throwing them away. We live in a throw away world now days which can be expensive.

Comment

Hello everyone. My name is Marek. I'm from Poland. He is interested in repairing laptop motherboards.
                                  He has been dealing with electronics professionally for 30 years. I'm an amateur radio. My call is SP7QPD

Comment

Greetings all,

Been doing electronics since 1985. Initial training was doing component level repair for computer systems in the US Army. Been tinkering ever since. My first personal computer was one that ran CPM. My first business computer was a VAX-11. God am I old...

Comment

Hello!

I have been working in IT for 12 years, currently 26 years old I have started to dabble with bios repairs via EEPROM & SOIC flashing.

Thanks for all the incredible information

Comment

have a nice day y'all .. greatings from tunisia !!

Comment

hello all, my name is Yair and im from Israel, i like this forum very much and thanks you for the opportunity to be part of this great forum. good luck all.

Comment

Working...
                                          X