Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

samsung LE32A558p3f bn44-00208a

Hi
    Could someone tell me the differance between the 2 types of caps in the attachment - i have repaired the power supply board by replacing 6 caps and tv is now working but it has a low level buzz/whistle which can't be heard when tv is being used normally but can be heard slightly when theres nothing going on on screen.
    In the kit i recieved it had all 3 of the 25v 1000uf the same as the smaller caps in the picture and the taller one was not included - when i asked i was told it would be ok to use the ones supplied.
    I've checked online and all these boards appear to definately have one cap a differant physical size so i assume there must be a reason for it but being a newbie to electronics i don't know why or what for.
    Could anyone shed some light on this for me please.
    Thank you.
    Attached Files

Re: bn44-00208a

What brand of capacitors did you use if can post a picture of the replacement capacitors that you used
    9 PC LCD Monitor
    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
    30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
    10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
    6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
    1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
    25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
    6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
    1 Dell Mother Board
    15 Computer Power Supply
    1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
    2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
    All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

The taller cap may be slightly better quality cap that was installed at the factory, That cap is for the +5v standby supply and that supply is always on that could be why they did it, installing a good quality cap in that location will be fine.

Comment

Physical size could be that it may be better at reducing the ripple current on that supply.
        Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Thanks very much for your comments
          I have attached pictures of the caps fitted and after taking a closer look i feel the noise is not coming from the power supply.
          The noise doesn't alter with the sound being turned up or down (its right down in the attached video)its not noisey in standby but only when tv is 'on' and does
          seem to get lower the longer the tv is on for but doesn't disappear totally.
          I don't know the history of the tv as only recieved it last week after it was being thrown out because it just went off and the owners bought a new one.
          It is a samsung LE32A558p3f.
          I'm not sure if i should have started a new thread for this problem or ok to continue with this one.

Thanks for any input
          Attached Files

Comment

Re: samsung LE32A558p3f bn44-00208a

Your replacement caps are a unkown brand probably low quality, swap them with Panasonic or Nichicon ones and you probably have solved, after replacement post also picture of soldering job, if you're a novice on that side.. also that Jwco are suspective, myabe changed by someone else, but good to be changed now that your're on the track.. place an order by reputable seller, preferably not Amazon/ebay..
            Last edited by Davi.p; 11-23-2021, 05:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
              Your replacement caps are a unkown brand probably low quality, swap them with Panasonic or Nichicon ones and you probably have solved, after replacement post also picture of soldering job, if you're a novice on that side.. also that Jwco are suspective, myabe changed by someone else, but good to be changed now that your're on the track.. place an order by reputable seller, preferably not Amazon/ebay..
              +1 Change the capacitors to Panasonic FR range of the same value. I guess you bought a kit off ebay as there are quite a few sellers selling no name capacitors of poor quality. Anyone buying these are liable to changing them in a couple of years if your lucky that they last that long!
              If you buy a kit always ask what capacitors are they supplying and the range as well. If they don't answer or fob you off with an answer 'like all suitable for the TV' then definitely look elsewhere

Comment

Can anyone recommend where to get genuine Panasonic FR caps in uk?
                Are all ebay sellers risky to buy genuine Panasonic caps from or can someone recommend a genuine seller?
                Ive checked some of the bigger uk websites and the postage cost for 6 caps is very high (dearer than the caps).
                I don’t have anywhere local to buy the items over the counter.
                Thanks
                Last edited by Phil289; 11-24-2021, 02:56 PM. Reason: Added info

Comment

In the truth i have in the past bought Panasonic caps from an uk ebay seller after long searching in its feebacks, i don't know if its truly ok but you can try, don't ask me the name, unless you suggest it to me, Not only FR series are suitable i guess, for that near zero value tv especially, Also FM series, Rubycon and Nichicon brands, always better than Chinese parts, Real Panasonic have black label , gold writes, and a tiny red mark in pressure..

Comment

In reference to your original question, the taller cap has a temperature rating on it, whereas the others don't, implying that they have a lower rating.

You might pick up a cheap LCR-T4 component tester from Ebay and use it to test some of the caps you got and verify that they're within spec.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil289 View Post
                      Can anyone recommend where to get genuine Panasonic FR caps in uk?
                      Are all ebay sellers risky to buy genuine Panasonic caps from or can someone recommend a genuine seller?
                      Ive checked some of the bigger uk websites and the postage cost for 6 caps is very high (dearer than the caps).
                      I don’t have anywhere local to buy the items over the counter.
                      Thanks
                      in the uk i use rs components or cpc mainly there used to be a ebay seller called h.m.comp who sold genuine panasonic capacitors very resonable priced but ebay shops closed now i have also used this ebay seller to prices not too bad for panasonic caps https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161890283...IAAOSw3WZgFU6R

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
                        In the truth i have in the past bought Panasonic caps from an uk ebay seller after long searching in its feebacks, i don't know if its truly ok but you can try, don't ask me the name, unless you suggest it to me, Not only FR series are suitable i guess, for that near zero value tv especially, Also FM series, Rubycon and Nichicon brands, always better than Chinese parts, Real Panasonic have black label , gold writes, and a tiny red mark in pressure..
                        Yes i'm definately going to try some good quality caps -Panasonic if i can locate some - its a lesson learnt and i won't make the same mistake again.

Comment

Originally posted by CityZen View Post
                          In reference to your original question, the taller cap has a temperature rating on it, whereas the others don't, implying that they have a lower rating.

You might pick up a cheap LCR-T4 component tester from Ebay and use it to test some of the caps you got and verify that they're within spec.
                          I was looking at those testers on ebay and for around £15 with a case looked good value and at least i could verify what's good and what's not instead of guessing - are they all the same or is there good and bad in what's available?

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                            in the uk i use rs components or cpc mainly there used to be a ebay seller called h.m.comp who sold genuine panasonic capacitors very resonable priced but ebay shops closed now i have also used this ebay seller to prices not too bad for panasonic caps https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161890283...IAAOSw3WZgFU6R
                            Thanks for the link - he has good feedback but when i checked he doesn't have all the values i need so will keep looking for someone that has all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil289 View Post
                              I was looking at those testers on ebay and for around £15 with a case looked good value and at least i could verify what's good and what's not instead of guessing - are they all the same or is there good and bad in what's available?
                              They're mostly the same as far as I can tell. Some are more bare bones, some have nice cases and such. There could be variations in the firmware version they're running, but that might not matter much. I think they're quite an amazing value for what they can do.

Comment

Originally posted by CityZen View Post
                                They're mostly the same as far as I can tell. Some are more bare bones, some have nice cases and such. There could be variations in the firmware version they're running, but that might not matter much. I think they're quite an amazing value for what they can do.
                                Have ordered one and should be here middle of next week - i can then test the old ones and the new ones and hopefully see what's going on 🙂

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                                  Capacitors I also buy from CPC who have a massive range to choose from. You can also look at the specifications to ensure what you buy has the correct width, height and leg pinout so as to fit the pcb.
                                  Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
                                    Capacitors I also buy from CPC who have a massive range to choose from. You can also look at the specifications to ensure what you buy has the correct width, height and leg pinout so as to fit the pcb.
                                    I actually prefer cpc as you say great range of parts and tools etc, at good prices.

Comment

Working...
                                    X