LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

Update: I found original factory Bios for T480, when i flashed that I was able to get to password prompt again.

I patched that bios and I have a stuck Lenovo splash screen again, not doing anything on keyboard clicks.

thanks
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 12-16-2021, 07:34 AM.

Comment

@slushy-dabs0s
      Make sure you read post #1 of this thread, specifically the section titled:
      [ HOW TO USE THE PATCH ]

Comment

Thanks Guys, it worked finally.
        Kudos to everyone here, great community.

1) (first power cycle after burning patched bios) i had to wait for laptop to restart a couple of times before the splash screen appeared. F1/Enter keys were not working.
        2) Once Lenovo splash screen appeared (where it would get stuck), I had to reboot(second power cycle) and keep pressing F1/Enter even before splash screen could appear (i.e while the screen is black) to get prompted.

For anyone who doesn't have original Bios. you can download original factory bios from this post.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79414

Fixed on T480 : Confirmed

Thanks to all again.
        Last edited by slushy-dabs0s; 12-16-2021, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by minhduc18 View Post
          please unlock pass bios lenovot495s nm-c181rev:1.0 AMD ryzen5
          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...80#post1071880
          T495 not sure of S model
          its not the one that works with space bar though.
          needs a code generated.. or someone to patch that section

Comment

Originally posted by LatinMcG View Post
            https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...80#post1071880
            T495 not sure of S model
            its not the one that works with space bar though.
            needs a code generated.. or someone to patch that section
            @LatinMcG
            What is the requested code?

Comment

Originally posted by AAAC View Post
              @trili
              Reference U49 is usually for the bios chip in ThinkPads, so U49 must be the correct chip, 16MB (or 128Mbits).
              Have you tried to use original bios file and see if the laptop powers on?
              Yeah I flashed the original BIOS back and it's still giving me the musical beeps and nothing on screen. Is there an anti tamper switch on T470s?

Comment

@trili
                If you are using CH341A programmer, that may be the cause of the problem. When you program the BIOS chip, does it end with a successful verification?
                How did you check that all 3 (original) files were identical?
                I suggest to look for Colibri programmer software, download it and use it for the job. Then use someone elses bios dump from another ThinkPad T470s and programm it just to make sure your ThinkPad still works.

Comment

Originally posted by Markus1741 View Post
                  Hi try this!
                  Can you help me with unlock my x1 carbon 8 gen ?

Comment

Hi wise!
                    help me please patchted Error battery!
                    thinkpad l460 (battery 68+ ORIGINAL)
                    Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-25-2023, 11:57 AM.

Comment

@trili
                      If you are using CH341A programmer, that may be the cause of the problem. When you program the BIOS chip, does it end with a successful verification?
                      How did you check that all 3 (original) files were identical?
                      I suggest to look for Colibri programmer software, download it and use it for the job. Then use someone elses bios dump from another ThinkPad T470s and programm it just to make sure your ThinkPad still works.
                      I used AsProgrammer to take the bios backup and compared the 3 backups with hxd. I will try Colibri and report back.

Comment

May I ask if you can Patched my Lenovo Thinkpad T495 BIOS?
                        Thank you in advance..

Comment

Originally posted by onizzbox View Post
                          @LatinMcG

Can you also help me with this? its asking fr a key

Comment

Originally posted by onizzbox View Post
                            @LatinMcG
                            Hello.. Here is my Hardware ID: 2481875, it asking to Enter Key?

Comment

@gclagos0523
                              Just press ENTER key when asked for the KEY (for any given Hardware ID)... read post #1 of this same thread.

Comment

@gclagos0523
                                Just press ENTER key when asked for the KEY (for any given Hardware ID)... read post #1 of this same thread.
                                Thank You.. I Will try it.. update later..

Comment

I successfully autopatch the bin file, but after putting it back into the board, when I turn it on laptop just make a CHYME Sound, anyone who experience this?

Comment

hello Pleas Patch my Bios

thank

Comment

Originally posted by jkraemer0485 View Post
                                      hello Pleas Patch my Bios

thank
                                      Does the laptop have a model number,and have you tried the autopatcher at post #1
                                      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                                        Does the laptop have a model number,and have you tried the autopatcher at post #1
                                        hello Yes but they don´t save it.

It´s Lenovo L590 20Q8

Comment

Hello, I've removed bios using Autopatcher on Thinkpad L580. I used CH341a and connected pins directly to the motherboard bios chip. It worked like a charm. Now I'm trying to unlock Thinkpad X1 Carbon 3rd Gen 2015. I bought it recently and found out it was bios locked. I tried using CH341a, and it seems to find something, but both lights on the CH341a controller light up and AsProgrammer cannot find the bios chip model. If I choose the bios chip model manually and read from the chip it gives a bunch of zeros. If anybody can help it would be a big help. Thanks ahead.

Comment

Working...
                                          X