This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

I just joined. I have some basic electronics skills but would like to learn more. My first project is to fix my KDL-52W4100 TV

Comment

Just joined, trying to just get this dell laptop up to snuff.

Comment

Hello,

Nice site! I dabble in hardware repair, mostly when necessary, and appreciate to volumes of information on your site.

I'm a solderer going back to my days putting kits together as a kid.

Comment

Long time listener, first time caller...

Comment

Just joined here looking how to fix BL in Spectre TV. Graduated from University of Radio-Electronics in 1987. Worked as developer of computer and other digital cirquitry. Then server admin for decades however continue Electronics a a hobby. I'm glad I found this forum. So much helpful information vs. of marketing bu11$h1t from majority of other sites

Comment

Hi, everyone,
              I just joined this community in the hope to find the right replacement part for my laptop mosfet (charging side) which let out all of the magic smoke and is not working anymore. I am not an expert, however I am completing my degree on Mechatronics engineering and since none of the local shops would help me repair the pc, I decided to have a look and do it myself. I'll most likely create a separate thread on the specifics of my problem.

Comment

Long time lurker, new member.

Comment

Hi Everyone! I'm SkyBird.

I am a Geologist from Trinidad and Tobago with an interest in Renewable Energy, sports and art.
                  When I was a child I had fun disassembling gadgets and fixing gizmos that mysteriously stopped working.
                  Apart from my early curiosity, I have virtually no knowledge of modern electronics but I hope to learn something from you all and maybe one day become a fearless techie myself.

Nice to meet you everyone!

Comment

New Member here, Hello to All. I'm 53 years old, some college electrical engineering but forgot a lot. I own my own auto repair business and troubleshoot electronics in the automotive field.

Comment

Hi I'm Sunil from Mumbai, India.
                      I am freelancer. Repairing of Computer Monitors, SMPS, LCD , LED TV etc

Comment

I won an BK Oscilloscope 2120 in an auction and came looking for the manual. I ended up here from another forum. I registered just for the manuals, but started poking around and found that this is the place I need to add for to my favorites.

I like to do my own repairs on stuff, but I'm not a brainiac when to this stuff. I can read schematic and troubleshoot for the most part. My soldering skill are good and I grasp how electronics/electricity works.

I own a few tools, but not much and not "top of line"
                        Fluke 189 - My daily use
                        Craftsman 982018 - home use (Great meter)
                        Mastech MS8209 (inexpensive Asian brand) - Use to get inductance of my guitar pickups I wind.
                        Instek Oscilloscope GOS-620
                        Hantek Oscilloscope 6022be

Comment

Hi!
                          Im Sinisa. Im from Croatia.
                          Ended up here looking for some boardview files trying to get familiar with repairing my iPad. I know a lot to start from.
                          Im here to learn more about smd's,pcb board view software and everything related to repairing my iPad one day . Good luck to me!

Comment

Hi! New user from Sweden.
                            My name is Hakis and in to Electronics a lot. Love this forum, it's a very nice resource for Component level repairs. Want to learn this stuff

Have a nice day,
                            Anton

Comment

hei all RJ (ahjay to friends I suppose)

very long time fly on the wall-
                              an' now I'm in the soup

I know I don't know- so just keep tryin
                              kinda repair stuff- jury's out on 50/50
                              mostly apple stuff but any flavour that pays
                              guess I should post a proper little thread
                              when I can find something

great rescource guys-
                              and just entertaining when perusing

peace out- RJ

Comment

Hello, another new guy here!
                                I'm Antony form Greece Electronic Technician

Comment

Hi all... I too am in the "What, are you new?" ranks
                                  I live in Arlington, WA in a neighborhood of Arlington called Smokey Point.

I am a 30 year Computer tech..and multimedia is my passion. Rarely solder or use a scope since i dont have to troubleshoot to board level very often, and thats ok with me it was never my true calling, but my training provided a gateway to what did indeed become my livelihood and passion. Every so often though....

I came upon this site looking to repair my Yamaha HTR-5063 which works fine except for no output to my Surround Right speaker. I Googled "981-2A-24DS" (the relay i suspect has a bad switch inside of it on the Surround Left side of it) and the 2nd link was to here:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?p=718313 - Concerning blown front stage that ended up being something else. But let me ask no hints..I have the service manual showing me approx 1 dozen parts it could be and want to see if my hunch was correct. Ill post after my attempt either successful or shameful lol but I can already see this is a good forum. Parts all told about 20 USD so its worth the cost what 1 speaker out i can only virtualize for so long. Ciao 4 now, mates!

Comment

Originally posted by Deciple-X View Post
                                    I came upon this site looking to repair my Yamaha HTR-5063 which works fine except for no output to my Surround Right speaker
                                    Ahem..My Surround Left speaker has no sound.

Like Kryten, I think I would have probably removed the wrong arm from Lister.

Comment

Hello everyone. I discovered this forum while searching for information on Samsung TV repair. Thanks to everyone who contributes their time and knowledge!

Comment

Hi Mike Allen from Bristol England. I'm a Chartered Chemical Engineer with no chemical plant to charter. So trying to learn some new skills to keep me busy.

Comment

hey,

pretentious computer science guy trying to recycle electronics of all sorts.

happy to join that old board (love these)

Comment

Working...
                                          X