RCUnlocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RCUnlocker

16MB chip on the other side must be modified.

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
      16MB chip on the other side must be modified.
      yes, it work
      thanks!
      ************************************************** ***********************************
      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
      all donations are welcome,
      see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
      >>>>> click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
      Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
      ************************************************** ***********************************

Comment

Attempted on a HP Probook 6450b. (2009/2010)
        Able to read many exact checksum files from chip
        Chip: MX 25L3205D

note about the error those are hardcoded paths not on my pc, is there an updated version of the tool or source I can compile from?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Error dialog when running the unlocker:

zip with both before and after bins attached
        Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-01-2023, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Your bios file unlocked.
          Last edited by SMDFlea; 07-22-2022, 02:34 PM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
          Become a Badcaps supporter
          >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
          Thanks to all supporters.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
            Your bios file unlocked.
            I rewrote the new file and it still has the password on it for me. I'm using a CH341A with 8pin SPI clip.

Comment

for chromebox unlock, changing the dev mode and enrollment set to 0 will not work. the only change is "requisition.remora.gbind. " to ".none.ubind.."

tried on chromebox 2 and 3 ASUS. both works.

Comment

hi! HP EliteBook x360 1030 G3 writes that it does not support(" Wrong chip try reading and unlocking 16mb chip"), in previous posts it says that it supports(Unlocking HP - ProBook, EliteBook, ZBook (including 32MB models) and Usage: Drag and drop .bin file to .exe file). Help please!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrjj View Post
                  hi! HP EliteBook x360 1030 G3 writes that it does not support(" Wrong chip try reading and unlocking 16mb chip"), in previous posts it says that it supports(Unlocking HP - ProBook, EliteBook, ZBook (including 32MB models) and Usage: Drag and drop .bin file to .exe file). Help please!
                  Maybe you have 2 SPI chips, usually it's on the other side of the motherboard, post both here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                  Become a Badcaps supporter
                  >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                  Thanks to all supporters.
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

It was user error. I was able to get it working after another erase/flash cycle. Thanks Cheese

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                      Maybe you have 2 SPI chips, usually it's on the other side of the motherboard, post both here.
                      You are right, there are two SPI chips! The question is, is it possible to flash the firmware without full soldering? I understand, the program removes the bios password or something else? what are the capabilities of the program, what can it do? did not find information anywhere. Thanks!
                      I have two hp 1030. One has a password, the other has no password. Where there is no password, the program erases a certain area after analyzing before and after, the question is what did it erase if there was no password? ) Sorry for the large number of questions, I'm just learning)

Comment

Anyone want to clue me in on how to use these probes I purchased from Ali Express?

Comment

@Raiderman
                          Please upload one or a few good picture(s) of the probes, as it seems like we all left our crystal balls at home.

Comment

Originally posted by AAAC View Post
                            @Raiderman
                            Please upload one or a few good picture(s) of the probes, as it seems like we all left our crystal balls at home.
                            I will, its a page or two back that we discuss the using the probes for wson8 chips

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                              Yes thats a WSON8 chip, don`t use the clip on that,you risk damaging the chip,shorting the surrounding components and cutting through traces.

Your options are to desolder it,use a WSON8 pogo pin adapter,or try to solder some thin wires to the protruding solder or traces caps and resistors

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003313016522.html
                              These are the probes linked by SMDFlea that I purchased

Comment

@Raiderman
                                I suggest to take a look at YouTube, use these keywords "pogo pin WSON8", I do get a few results there showing how to use the probe. I don't include the links here as some videos have advertising.

Comment

[QUOTE=AAAC;1149670]@Raiderman
                                  I suggest to take a look at YouTube, use these keywords "pogo pin WSON8", I do get a few results there showing how to use the probe. I don't include the links here as some videos have advertising.

Thank you, I will try

Comment

how to remove computrace for HP elitebook 840 G6?

Comment

@ogre4273
                                      Use UEFITool NE version and check UEFI Variables, there's usually one named AbtState, that one contains information if Absolute Computrace is Active.
                                      Then use an hex-editor and search for AbtState, a few bytes before the string you will find the header AA553F(h), to invalidate that variable make it AA553C(h), save changes.

Comment

A general question about flashing an image to the EC. Instead of patching the image in the ROM is it not sufficient to flash the ROM with the manufacturer's copy of the BIOS binary?

Comment

HP doesn't offer EC. Only main and even that is without ME region.

There is a way to make EC out of main but it needs some knowhow. I've succeeded a few times but would avoid it if possible.

Comment

Working...
                                          X