Old 11-04-2021, 11:21 AM   #2
PeteS in CA
Badcaps Veteran

City & State: San Jose, CA
My Country: USA, Unsure of Planet
Line Voltage: 120VAC, 60Hz & 115VAC, 400Hz
I'm a: Professional Tech
Default Re: GPU Caps Out of Spec?

Polymer caps don't have a liquid electrolyte that can evaporate over time. BTW, the dielectric in an electrolytic or polymer cap is not the electrolyte or the polymer. The dielectric is a layer of aluminum oxide on the surface of the anode foil. The electrolyte-soaked paper or polymer is a conformal conductor between the cathode foil and the aluminum oxide surface.

Some ultra-low impedance electrolytics have had problems with the electrolyte attacking the aluminum oxide layer, but I've not heard of problems with the polymer affecting the aluminum oxide layer.

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.
Anti-Covid-Vaxxer pig crap claim/prediction, Doctor: Heart Failure from mRNA Jabs "Will Kill Most People" | Principia Scientific Intl. ; Dr. Geert Vanden Bossche Warns COVID-19 Jab Injuries and Deaths Will Soon "Collapse Our Health System" (VIDEO) ; Fully Vaxxed May 2021; Since that time I've done 7 5Ks, 1 8K, 8 10Ks, and 4 half marathons
PeteS in CA is offline   Reply With Quote