Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus X555 no sound

Hello

So i have a X555 with no audio device in the device manager do you know where is the audio chip on this board ?

And what i need to check ?

Thanks

Re: Asus X555 no sound

without board photo?

wait a while and i will get my crystal ball and tell u exactly what chip it is and where it is

Comment

It could be connection problem. There is extra module that attaches to motherboard. On that module is sound chip. Could be faulty connection, simple clean could fix it.

I had no sound problem, and cleaning fixed it.
      Attached Files

Comment

It is the connection contacts of the disk board, it has to be replaced
        Last edited by piernov; 11-22-2019, 08:37 AM. Reason: google translate

Comment

Originally posted by mosfetratus View Post
          It could be connection problem. There is extra module that attaches to motherboard. On that module is sound chip. Could be faulty connection, simple clean could fix it.

I had no sound problem, and cleaning fixed it.

Comment

i cleaned contacts, reflowed the audio IC, replaced the audio IC .. and after that i replaced the entire sub-board , the audio is still missing... i think that can be something related to chipset/cpu (sometimes) because the 2 connectors are solid (i've also reworked all the connector pins on the mainboard side .. and looks good at the microscope..the other connector is a brand new.)
            the strange thing is that there are no issues with SSD... CARD READERD... USB PORTS .. that are also placed after this sub-board.

here some other infos: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...52#post1209352

and also on this youtube video they solved adding an USB audio card and an amplifier: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joOtn6vKZkY
            Last edited by Bartoloni; 02-27-2023, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X