Attached Files

Comment

Re: HP BIOS unlock tool

Originally posted by Stevedb View Post
        hi vesko

here is dump
        Code:
        File does not contain Intel Engine firmware
        What's this??? Give me a break - it's a corrupted file, it's a shame - you are old forum member... This is not serious to tell you the truth, you just wasting my time here. And by the way, names as well as nicknames must be written with a capital letter. Town names too, such as Schendelbeke.
        Last edited by Vesko356; 02-25-2020, 01:31 PM.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
        Become a Badcaps supporter
        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
        Thanks to all supporters.​
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

It's not a corrupted file, it's a RAR archive without extension inside another RAR archive. Absolutely makes no sense, you have to do this on purpose so that it makes it harder for us and makes us lose time…

PS: my nickname doesn't have a capital letter, I know it's aggravating.
          Last edited by piernov; 02-25-2020, 01:35 PM.
          OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Hi Vesko

I am very sorry i got the file from another person. It is not my dump that must be unlocked.

Comment

I did it not on purpose. I am very sorry to waste your time. Thanks for all the support Vesko and piernov.

I hope you can forgive and hope you will help me when i have an problem with laptop like mine hp probook 450 G1.

Best regards

Steve

Comment

There is a reason we ask for your dump. We can also find random dumps on the web that don't work and spend our time unlocking them for nothing… Not to mention the additional time required to clean ME, and the headache with DMI info and compatibility issues.

EDIT: Ah sorry now I understand, it's Equinox' dump that himself didn't manage to get unlocked… I think he can get on here by himself so that you don't look like an idiot instead of him.
                Last edited by piernov; 02-25-2020, 02:31 PM.
                OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Yes it was Equinox dump.

Sorry for wastinyour time. He is not member here. And say tool doesn't work. Bu was just is dump.

Regards. Steve

Comment

Thank You RethoricalCheese, I downloaded the tool and cleared the original BIOS. I am running some tests. However I have an issue when verifying as te software is returning mismatch between buffer and memory. I talked about this issue in another thread....just for info.

Comment

Originally posted by vince59 View Post
                      Thank You RethoricalCheese, I downloaded the tool and cleared the original BIOS. I am running some tests. However I have an issue when verifying as te software is returning mismatch between buffer and memory. I talked about this issue in another thread....just for info.

Well that is a problem with your programmer or the way you try to program.
                      Might need to unsolder chip from board and program it then.

Comment

Hey, the chip is desoldered.
                        Right now I am testing with a W25Q128FV (SOIC 8 package) but I will have to flash same chip with a different package (WSON 6x5).
                        Let'us stay on current issue. I tried EZP2019, TL866II plus and CH341a (black) with different softwares and different notebooks, I also used a NBook I dedicate to Ubuntu.
                        I ma quite sure I am not doing mistakes but I am going mad trying to understand where the problem is.
                        I can not test the file over the MB as I am waiting to get shipped wson chip.
                        Do you have any "particular" aspect/advise I should pay attention/observe during flashing procedure?
                        Thank You for your help

PS: last test (right now) with colibri programmer software and ch341 gave me only one value mismatch as follows:

address: 0x00B555D9 buffer data: 0xAE device data: 0x8E
                        Last edited by vince59; 02-29-2020, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Hello all and RethoricalCheese.

I want to inform that tool given to us from you Working Very well. Last week i unlocked HP Probook 4340S with full success from dump CH341 programmer even without desolder. Somwhere readed that the best metod to power on with plug charger without battery then power off.

Best regards and luck RethoricalCheese. Greetingz from Poland

Comment

Is there any other method then bootable usb? I don't have access to boot options... i only see internal hdd and some hp stuff in boot menu.
                            I have the ability to desolder and reflash the bios, but i don't know what to modify in bin...
                            Hp probook 650 g2 ...

Thanks!

Comment

Did you even read first post?

Comment

No i didn't! My bad. Sorry!🤦*♀️

Comment

ok, i'm dumb! how is this tool works? i am using windows 10 and try to execute the file and i get an error. fatal error Filed to execute HPUnlocker...

file is in c:\

and of course i drag the dump over the hpunlocker.exe file, nothing happens... i tried a few files on this forum too... but nothing is changing
                                  Last edited by justin35; 03-07-2020, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Drop bin file on exe file. It makes a new file.

Comment

not working...
                                      Last edited by justin35; 03-07-2020, 10:27 AM.

Comment

working!!! i got the new file and now it's programming ic.

i had to move the file to my other partition as it didn't have enough privileges

FOR ALL OF YOU THAT DOESN;T HAPPEN ANYTHING WHEN YOU DROP THE BOIN ON THE EXE FILE:

DO NOT PUT THE HPUNLOCKER.EXE FILE IN C:\ USE D:\ OR ANY OTHER DRIVE BECAUSE C DRIVE NEEDS SECURITY ELEVATION IN ORDER TO ACCESS AND WRITE FILES THERE!!!

Comment

and of course, BIOS WORKS!!!
                                          THHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKKK YYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X