Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: windows 7

Originally posted by R_J View Post
    And just to piss off more windows 7 users, If you are using Microsoft edge, as of a couple days ago, you can no longer have the home page of your choice (IE Google) It now starts up with the "New Tab Microsoft" and you need to click on the Home icon to get your original home page
    I just noticed today that EDGE is back to working like it was earlier, It starts with the proper home page, maybe after launching edge a few times it goes back to the way it was configured and not opening a new tap on startup.
    Something like the popups to change browsers that go away after the third launch of the browser.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
      And just to piss off more windows 7 users, If you are using Microsoft edge, as of a couple days ago, you can no longer have the home page of your choice (IE Google) It now starts up with the "New Tab Microsoft" and you need to click on the Home icon to get your original home page
      That also happened in Windows 10. Also, if you never installed a PDF viewer (or Windows 10 changed the default PDF viewer without your permission), opening a PDF file will also open a new tab along with the PDF. If you open multiple PDF files, you will get one blank tab (with the new tab page open) per PDF file.

Both of those only happened yesterday.

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
      Anyone voluntarily 'uses' Edge?
      My mom does. She used Firefox until she got a new computer and suddenly decided that Firefox sucks. Firefox does have some issues with some websites (because web developers don't care about their shit working in any browser other than Chrome), so having something Chromium-based (like Edge) as a backup is good. To me, Edge feels like a mix of the worst from Chrome and AOL.
      Last edited by lti; 05-30-2021, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Anyone voluntarily 'uses' Edge?
        I do. While it is Chromium based, the memory management is better. And there are addons available. I don't like the Firefox UI and Firefox still has problems with digital signatures. And Opera has nothing in common with the old Opera and comes with some serious memory issues, just like Chrome, not to mention that I don't like the UI. Also, there are Collections in Edge, which are practically saved sessions. No other mainstream browser currently possesses such feature out of the box and addons for Opera and Firefox are actually quite buggy.
        It started out that way.....but after SP1 came out, I never looked back. As a matter of fact I'm still using it with extended updates.
        There are MS images that come with all updates up to 2019 integrated. I install these versions to avoid the need of downloading and installing numerous updates. The only problem is that 64bit image can't actually fit on a single DVD-R and you have to use flash drive to install it. But comes with latest version of .NET framework and etc. Some time ago I installed Windows10 on my personal laptop. Modified by me, of course. And with auto updated disabled via GPO.
        Last edited by televizora; 05-31-2021, 02:10 AM.
        Useful conversions. I don't "speak" imperial. Please use metric, if you want to address me.
        1km=1000m=100000cm, 1inch=2.54cm, 1mile=1609.344meters, 1ft=30.48cm 1gal(US)=3.785liters, 1lb=453grams, 1oz=28.34grams

Comment

I really wish I could disable this. Earlier versions you could, but even those checkmarks have been removed and the registry key doesn't work anymore.

And this is Pro. One guy I saw on a forum was complaining that they reboot a computer with pro hooked to multiple monitors around a business and that thing pops up with no kb/mouse attached at the time. It's REALLY unprofessional to keep that popping up on pro
          Attached Files
          Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
          ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

lol
            reminds me of the adds live-inserted into the main screen of the xbox360 and onwards.

fuck m$

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
              lol reminds me of the adds live-inserted into the main screen of the xbox360 and onwards. fuck m$
              I use Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Active Directory, .NET Framework, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Edge. I thought of using Windows Server as router as well, but decided that Mikrotik is better.
              Linux is extremely suitable for server stuff and I do know how to administer distros like CentOS and ect, but the sad truth is that you can't find complete business solution, based on linux or it is not nearly as easy as using Windows.
              Active Directory can help extremely much when it comes to user rights, resources, software installation and deployment. Also, there is plenty of software without Linux analogue.
              Useful conversions. I don't "speak" imperial. Please use metric, if you want to address me.
              1km=1000m=100000cm, 1inch=2.54cm, 1mile=1609.344meters, 1ft=30.48cm 1gal(US)=3.785liters, 1lb=453grams, 1oz=28.34grams

Comment

I'm pretty close to ditching Firefox for Edge as my primary browser.

Comment

Originally posted by televizora View Post
                  I thought of using Windows Server as router as well, but decided that Mikrotik is better.
                  Have you tried Ubiquiti Edgerouters? I've used both Mikrotik and Ubiquiti and found the Ubiquiti products to be nicer although a little more expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by shovenose View Post
                    Have you tried Ubiquiti Edgerouters? I've used both Mikrotik and Ubiquiti and found the Ubiquiti products to be nicer although a little more expensive.
                    Mikrotik router and Mikrotik Access points. Ubiquity products had become really expensive.

Comment

Something to add. 1gb ram quad core 1Gbps LAN+sfp slot and POE output mikrotik costs around 220USD. AC access point Mikrotik with 2x1gbps ports and poe cost half of the price of UBNT unify with the same specs. Not to even mention that even the cheapest mikrotik device comes with decent OS license level. This AP costs about 50USD. Unify AC 1gbps is double the money. And if you want poe capable Unify(48V poe standart capable) it is 4x the price of Mikrotik. Even the most basic MT Hex for 25USD is poe capable.I needed APs, which can be powered via the network and are far away from the power supply. UBNT offers only passive poe for their devices below 120USD. So, I have nothing to gain if I choose Unify, except paying between 2x and 4x the money.
                      Last edited by televizora; 05-31-2021, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X