Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Genuine supplier of electronic components

Hi Guys,
    I am not sure where to post this query but i need some good advice and this kind of advice only comes from experience so here goes my question.
    I want to buy electronics components used i television repair but am scared to import from any supplier because i dont want to waste my money so is there a trusted supplier out there in the world that buys these parts from the likes of STM Microelectronics, Renesas, Toshiba etc?????
    I was thinking of UTSOURCE.NET, has anybody got history with this company?

Kind Regards
    Angelos

Re: Genuine supplier of electronic components

keeping the shipping cost in mind, what countries would you buy from?

Comment

Any country? Its about not getting messed around and not the cost of shipping. Here in south africa nowadays i cannot buy anything reliable anymore?

Comment

Have a look at https://lcsc.com/ there are plenty of reports of components coming from utsource that aren't genuine.

Comment

that or RS or Farnell in the u.k.
          or digikey in the u.s.

Comment

Thanks Diif, i had a look at LCSC Electronics. They dont have much of what i am looking for but they do have some stuff. I seems they buy out from the original suplliers so i like that. Any other suppliers that are good out there?
            I am in need of CM603 (LCD panel chip). 2SD2689LS (CRT line transistor), TK5P50D (LED driver transistor) etc..

Comment

So STJ,
              What you are saying is that RS Components or Farnell in the u.k.
              or digikey in the u.s are reputable companies that you have dealt with.
              Unfortunately I have experience with RS Components and they dont really stock IC's, Transiistors etc. They do the "wider" electronics.

Comment

i have no experience with digikey because of customs tax here, but they are one of the biggest suppliers in the world.

Comment

looking at one of those parts, you should look into more common parts you may be able to use.

that deflection transister for example.
                  Attached Files

Comment

https://toshiba.semicon-storage.com/...l.TK5P50D.html

that fet looks terrible, i'm sure there are *much* better parts to replace it that DONT have an ONresistance of 1.5ohms!!!!!

Comment

interesting device - very hard to find this data!!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Yes, this is a tough trade. Hey, while we are on the topic of component quality. Have you ever bought out LED's for LCD back light repair? I bought these SMD type 3030 LED at 6V, cool white chips on aliexpress and they lasted 4 months on the TV i fixed. It came back with 5 that failed. The LED lens has these micro cracks on it indicating overheating. I doubt this is a led driver fault but rather bad quality LED's i bought on aliexpress. Can you suggest where i can buy these LED's?

Comment

no idea, but i know original leds arent much better - or you wouldnt be replacing them.

if i had to fix that, i would find the brightest i could, then reduce the current to them.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                            no idea, but i know original leds arent much better - or you wouldnt be replacing them.

if i had to fix that, i would find the brightest i could, then reduce the current to them.
                            Yes, i think these led's i bought are rated with a forward current of 200mA. My tv is drawing about 280mA so i removed from that parallel resistor network two resistors dropping the current to 178mA. Picture is still bright.

Comment

Most parts I order for commercial repair services I offer, to be honest come from Ebay, a few trusted suppliers that is. Out of the 1000's of parts ordered only a few end up in the reject bin. I would have no clue to shipping and import into Africa though.

Comment

Well my friends then will all honesty all that remainds to be done is drop the current draw on that LED drive circuit. It's a tradeoff between picture brightness and LED longevity.
                                I think those LED's i bought are 200mA LED's and i now draw 178mA through them as opposed to the 280mA before. Should yield some positive results in time.

Comment

Working...
                                X