Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I bridge power good signal in my PSU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I bridge power good signal in my PSU?

Hello
    I have a 1600 watt power supply that is not outputting 5V from pin8 (PGO) of ST9S313 ( which is a PC POWER SUPPLY SUPERVISOR ) . All other voltages of the 24 pin connector are ok.

I can not get the IC or equivalent, can I just bridge 5v from anywhere on the board to this pin ( it is pin5 on ( the grey wire ) on the 24 pin connector.
    Attached Files

Re: Power supply build quality pictorial. part 2

Power Good (the grey wire) is a signal, not an output voltage. If all the output voltages from the power supply are in regulation, the Power Good should be logic high, 5V. If all output voltages are good but the Power Good signal is low, then the circuit that sources the power good signal (the "supervisor" circuit) is the problem. Wiring 5V to the Power Good signal pin could do more damage in the supervisor circuit, possibly affecting Over-Voltage, Over-Current, and Over-Temperature Protection functions.
    PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
    To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Re: Power supply build quality pictorial. part 2

OK, Thank you

Comment

Re: Can I bridge power good signal in my PSU?

I managed to get wt751002 , are these equicvaleny 1. HY510N <=> WT7510 <=>*ST9S313*<=> PS113 <=>RT750

Comment

Re: Can I bridge power good signal in my PSU?

I managed to get WT751002 which is a power supervisory chip equivalent to ST9S313, but whhen I measured the IC input voltages there where no PGI , and all other voltages to the chip where ok , i guess that means that the problem is not with the chip. Right? what supplies the PGI to the chip? do you have schematics or any hint please? I work with GPUs this is my first time to work with PSU Or could it be a bad chip shorting the PGI input! your help would be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
          X