Help to bring cost down for 15 Caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help to bring cost down for 15 Caps

Hi all, I have 15 capacitors to replace of varying voltage and uF I looked on RS Online but I can only buy them in the least of a 5 pack when I only need one or two or three of a type, so far I'm trying to get the price down from $47.10 and thats without postage so where online is a good place to buy caps in 1,2,3 or 4 at a time. They are all electrolytic caps and I'm choosing Nippon Chemi-Con or Rubycon or Nichicon etc. as long as they are good quality. I need the capacitors in a power supply for a friends DVD/VCR combo player so another question I have is, would all the capacitors be DC and not AC? Its for an LG RC689D I have a pic of the power supply below but all the capacitors are removed already and its had work done beforehand so I dont know if I should increase the voltage on all the caps in case this was done already. The highest value cap is 450V 68uF 85c from Samwha Im going to use all 105c instead.
    Attached Files

Re: Help to bring cost down for 15 Caps

here lies the dilemma, yes buying small quantities are expensive, especially those high voltage units. Electrolytic capacitors are generally for DC and PSU boards are for the most part using DC so that's not an issue. Question is why you're replacing the capacitors in the first place?

Comment

I recommend contacting member Behemot who can hook you up with small quantites at a reasonable price and reasonable shipping.
      "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Thanks Mockingbird but I'll buy them from my country to save time and holding delay, eccerrOr I have to replace the caps as the output voltages from the power supply are under and its stuck in a loop of the welcome message on the display and wont play DVD's

Comment

Don't forget to clean the PCB under the cap next to D127 & L127.
          Looks like you've got dried electrolyte residue there.
          Also check the traces on the back/bottom.
          Isopropyl alcohol & a cotton swab should take care of it.
          "pokemon go... to hell!"

EOL it...
          Originally posted by shango066
          All style and no substance.
          Originally posted by smashstuff30
          guilty,guilty,guilty,guilty!
          guilty of being cheap-made!

Comment

If you are doing small quantities your best bet is to find a local brick and mortar place. You can probably save a few bucks and skip replacing c103, those large caps tend to not go bad.

If you see yourself doing repairs going forward, it's much cheaper if you just start stocking the common vaules. Increase the voltage if feasible (price and physical size) so you don't end up stocking multiple voltage values.

Comment

I would add one more thing to this is if you are going to buy 1uf to 100uf I would recommend either 50 volt to 63 volts the lower voltage ones do not make sense to buy because most switching power supply requirements are 50 volts on rare occasions I have seen 63 volts or 100 volts

Most common UF are 1 , 2.2 , 4.7* , 10 , 22 , 33* , 39* , 47 , 56* , 100*
              The ones that have an (*) are not very common but I have seen them on occasion have seen them being used

When I buy these capacitors I buy 100 at a time from Digikey because you get a price break on this quality and I will end up using them and buying another 100 when I order them again the only one that I do not do this is with the 100uf because they are more expensive I might 10 or 25 depending on the price
              Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 11-06-2021, 10:52 AM.
              9 PC LCD Monitor
              6 LCD Flat Screen TV
              30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
              10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
              6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
              1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
              25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
              6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
              1 Dell Mother Board
              15 Computer Power Supply
              1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
              2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
              All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Ok, thanks guys my friend said he doesn't mind paying more for the good caps but now I have one query about ripple current, some are low about 920mA and another is high 2.48A unfortunately when I read about AC ripple current it didn't mention if low or high is better as an example one capacitor I need is 16V 2200uf 105c and the two links below are the ones I'm looking at they are basically the same except the ripple current:

https://au.rs-online.com/web/p/alumi...citors/0374433
                and
                https://au.rs-online.com/web/p/alumi...citors/7037501

here is the list I need to get:

16 volt, 2200uf, 105c
                12.5mm diameter x 21mm high x 5mm leg spacing
                (I need 3)

450 volt, 68uf, 105c
                18mm diameter x32mm high x 7mm leg spacing
                (I need 1)

25 volt, 1000uf, 105c
                10mm diameter x 21mm high x 5mm leg spacing
                (I need 2)

10 volt, 1000uf, 105c
                10mm diameter x 13mm high x 5mm leg spacing
                (I need 2)

16 volt, 100uf, 105c
                5mm diameter x 11mm high x 5mm leg spacing
                (I need 1)

10 volt, 220uf, 105c
                (I need 2)

25 volt, 100uf, 105c
                6mm diameter x 12mm high x 5mm leg spacing
                (I need 1)

25 volt, 470uf, 105c
                10mm diameter x 17mm high x 5mm leg spacing
                (I need 1)

35 volt, 33uf, 105c
                (I need 1)

50 volt, 47uf, 105c
                6mm diameter x 11mm high x 5mm leg spacing
                (I need 1)

So Sam I have 4 between the range of 1-100uf I'll use 50 volt

Comment

You want the second link, which is Rubycon ZLH, as opposed to the first, which is NCC KMG. KMG is a general purpose series.
                  "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Working...
                  X