This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello all! Thank you for letting me in. I am a tinkerer and upgrader. I like to take a project and make it better, I am not a pro but I can usually figure things out sometimes by trial and error. But I do have fun.

Comment

Found the forum while searching for the cause of my LG Plasma TV's glitching. My first color TV was a Heathkit 25" GR-2000 kit thru Bell & Howell / DeVry correspondence course.

Comment

Hi, I'm a new member to this forum. Located up in Canada just north of Toronto. I service audio equipment and am looking forward to ongoing interaction on this forum. I started back in the mid 70's on valve based equipment and moved into solid sate and like all things, they seem to circle back as again I am repairing high end valve based audio equipment along with solid state audio equipment and enjoy working both. Wishing everyone the best in 2022 and hopefully life returns soon to a no doubt 'new normal' way of life.

Comment

Hi
          Thanks for quoting me in this forum.

Comment

Hello everyone :-)

Comment

Hi,
              it's Tommes located in germany. I have a problem with my Telefunken TV and I hope, I can get to work well back, it has a vestel Hardware core

Comment

Waddap

Comment

Hi Everyone, I new to this forum. I live in Texas and hoping to learn more about electronics!

Comment

Hello, firstly, happy new year to all, i hope that all are going very well for there!! I repair ATMs, printers and 3 years ago began with laptops. Sometimes i've downloaded some bios files from here but never have posted an introduction of myself, i'm so sorry !! Well, I hope you can forgive me.

Comment

Hi all,
                      came across this forum as I'm having issues with a Toshiba TV. Looks like some very clever people with lots of experience so hoping someone can help a guy with little knowledge.

Comment

Hello all! Trying to understand lpc post card options.

Comment

Very pleased to be apart of the forum, hoping to get some advice on a repair.

Comment

Hi, new member here

Comment

Hi, saying hello here so I can get back to an interesting Rega Amp fix.
                              It pays [- or, saves having to buy new parts twice!!] to listen to sage advice when given.
                              Poor guy doing the repairs himself should have heeded that lesson... some more output transistors later, it's probably sunk in..
                              DogBox
                              [Steve]

Comment

Hi guys
                                I'm Tony from UK.. I'm a electrical engineer ,also into repairs of consoles and p.cs
                                Looking forward to speaking to you all and hopefully helping..great to be in a good active family

Comment

Hi guys
                                  I'm Alessandro from Italy. I'm curios to understand all possible solution to fix computers.

Comment

hello guys, no bot here )))

Comment

Hi
                                      Danny 40yo from Barcelona, Spain.

Engineer, I love music (and play a few instruments) and I started to brake things since I was 12... I had to start somwhere, right?

I own an electronic repair shop and in the past 25 years I can say I've learn a lot (and still a long way to go

Any questions regarding vintage, TV or PC, Audio-Video and such, please lemme know.
                                      I will always answer in proper time.

Hugs from Spain.

Comment

Hey there Everyone. My name Is Faf Kotze. From SA, I started on zx spectrum moved my way all the up to Working as a MCSE for 5 or so years. During this time I got some hands on experience with fleet management systems for Open cast mining. So I actually have not really been deeply involved with the IT, the physical stuff I mean, as I am now more of a consultant and mining engineer. TX Guys.

PS: I doubt there will be something here specifically to do with BIOS's that I can teach anyone, but am more that willing to share my knowledge in IOT, Mining and Fleet management systems.

Comment

Not sure how to post here but maybe this is the right way just joined. It is sad how in our world today we toss away so much electronics that can be fixed. But I also think that with the toss away mindset they are building electronics so they break more easily because after 5 years something is old. Anyway just my thoughts.

Comment

Working...
                                          X