City & State: Some times Sunny Jacksonville FL
My Country: USA
Line Voltage: 120 Volts 60 HZ
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Default Re: Has anyone had issues with Rayovac Alkaline batteries leaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sam_sam View Post
Update
I got a response back from the BBB parts of this response was edited by me the name was changed and the on the one that has ( picture ) had a website link which was removed
Mr.Sam reached out to the consumer support team regarding an incident involving Rayovac High Energy AA Batteries that leaked in four different devices. Mr.Sam provided us with images of the Fluke FC 300, Kitchen Faucet and Cable Box Remote. Mr.Sam also alleged damage to a soap dispenser but that one was discarded. Based on the images that we initially received on the Fluke FC300 Mr.Samhad mixed different expiration dates which can result in leakage ( picture ) The initial images of the kitchen faucet battery compartment are extremely blurry, and the consumer support team was unable to review, so they requested additional images, but Mr.Sam explains that he no longer has the batteries and has discarded them. After the consumer support team denies the case due to not having clear images of the expiration date Mr.Sam comes back and shares an image of the 3 devices showing the batteries and expiration dates, but the last image received does not match with the initial image received for the Fluke FC300 since it has a different set of batteries. Additionally, the cable box remote has a set of batteries with different expiration dates which can result in leakage. As an accommodation only, we will only be able to proceed with compensation for the kitchen faucet ($***.00USD).

The offer that the company made is better than nothing now I also add that I disagree with there take on the use of batteries that have different expiration dates on them for the public record and I might accept that if you put batteries with very different voltages and some of have very low voltage and other have the normal voltage for new batteries I might expect this explanation for possibly causing the batteries to leak but you noticed how I wrote this
Update

I did receive the payment that I was promised which like I said it is better than nothing at all
This is covers some of the aggravation that I had to put up with this nonsense from this company and there leaking batteries

I have decided to use the EBL li-ion 1.5 volt usb type of charging this type of battery I will give them a try and post the results in the future

I am also going to try the other version of the EBL batteries that require a special battery charger to use them but they have been out of stock for a while but I seen them are available again so I will be ordering some soon
10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
1 Dell Mother Board
15 Computer Power Supply
1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 11-28-2021 at 02:46 AM..
sam_sam_sam is offline   Reply With Quote