Old 03-16-2007, 05:40 AM   #7
stevo1210
Badcaps Veteran

City & State: Eastern coast
My Country: Australia
Line Voltage: 240V 50Hz
I'm a: Student Tech
Default Re: Windows Vista Pretty Much Sucks

I bought a Dell Inspiron 6400 earlier this year and it came with the Windows Vista express upgrade program. So a few days ago I decided to pay the $35 for it to be shipped here.

I had always thought Windows Vista was something very new and exciting because of those great ads they have on TV.... now I'm going to have to reconsider that point after hearing about how slow it is and the bugs it contains etc.

My Dell Inspiron 6400 has the following in it.... it was quite expensive when I got it also.... probably because of all the fancy extras I ordered....

* Intel (R) Core Duo T2250 CPU, 1.73GHz, 533MHz FSB, 2MB L2 cache.
* 1GB 667MHz DDR2 RAM (Dual channel 2x 512Mb modules)
* 80GB SATA HDD
* ATi Radeon X1400 256MB Hypermemory.... this is the best part of this laptop, also the point why I ordered it.
* 8X DVD-Writer
* Dell 355 Truemobile Bluetooth module.... I wonder if it is Vista compatible....
*Intel PRO 3945 A/B/G WLAN.

Anyway, will these specifications be able to run Windows Vista Home Premium smoothly?? I currently have Windows XP Media Center Edition and it runs very fast. For my desktops, I am still using Windows XP, but some of my desktops also run Fedora Core 5. Fedora Core is a pretty good OS, very fast on a Pentium III, no such bugs etc. and best of all it is a freeware OS.

Thanks.