This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: T2 Chip Programmer Tool

Does someone know what apple uses to recognize that the Mac is linked to an Apple Id? I know it's not only the Serial Number.
    And I managed to get an Apple Business account, what can I do to MDM my MacBook?

Comment

The serial number, wifi and bluetooth MAC addresses are used to identify a Mac.
      I don't know about how a business account can help, but I have an MDM locked Mac if you want to try.

Comment

thanks

Comment

I have an a1932 that has mdm lock. Can someone provide me steps on what needs to be done to unlock. I have a programmer and am good at soldering / bga rework. Am used to dealing with non t2 macbooks. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comment

Someone posted a method to remove MDM lock on a different thread:
            https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...&postcount=116

Comment

I guess i can give this a try but not sure if this works for t2 macbooks as the guide is for m1 macbooks

Comment

It should work the same. As far as i understand it just reroutes the MDM and DEP requests to a null IP.

usually for MDM I just set up without an internet connection and the rest seems to be fine. my 2019 16" MacBook pro has been going great, no MDM lock, and was able to do an OTA update.

Comment

Originally posted by kevingill View Post
                  Someone posted a method to remove MDM lock on a different thread:
                  https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...&postcount=116

This is just a temporary bypass and not ā€œremovalā€, but it's worth the try.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                    I usually just change the last digit. In most cases
                    Pls I have this MacBook pro 2018, that I have restore it but it don't boot up. So my question is, is the MacBook block with icloud or eff password I have send the pic down thanks

Attached Files

Comment

Will Apple Support unlock your locked Mac if it finds it in your Apple Account?

Comment

I presume you're talking about activation lock?
                        How are you planning to get the Mac into your Apple account if you can't get past the activation screen? Are you thinking of registering a dummy Mac with the same serial?
                        Or something else?
                        I like the 'outside the box' thinking

Comment

How are you planning to get the Mac into your Apple account if you can't get past the activation screen? Are you thinking of registering a dummy Mac with the same serial?
                          Or something else?
                          Yeah I managed to create a Mac in my Apple account with same model and samer serial and same Mac Address. Looks as if it was the same.
                          Only thing I cant change the Bluettoth Address, otherwise I would have a Mac in my Apple Account with same Model, Serial, Mac and Bluetooth Address.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by alerm; 04-20-2022, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Or something else?
                            Pls is there any solution to my problem up there that I just posted, I have the T2 program but I don't know it it will help my problem

Comment

Originally posted by alerm View Post
                              Yeah I managed to create a Mac in my Apple account with same model and samer serial and same Mac Address. Looks as if it was the same.
                              Only thing I cant change the Bluettoth Address, otherwise I would have a Mac in my Apple Account with same Model, Serial, Mac and Bluetooth Address.
                              I tried something similar with an earlier 2015 MBA, but it didn't work

So I guess, you'll ask Apple to sort out the strange issue? Wouldn't they just ask you to restore the Mac and sign in again? I do wonder if Apple will eventually work out what we're upto and close our Apple accounts...

Regarding the BT and WIFI MAC addresses, are these stored in the WIFI EEPROM (U3710) and BT FLASH (U3750) on an Intel MBA 2020?

Comment

Can the T2 programmer tool remove the 6 pin lock fot the MacBook A1989
                                Attached Files

Comment

I'd search through this fantastic forum first to see what others have done.
                                  Otherwise, I've previously done a brute force attack with a Teensy microcontroller, but that was with 4 digits, not 6. Might take a while, but you could try birthdays first.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro147 View Post
                                    Thanks for the comprehensive reply and I'll have a look and see if I can get a handle on it sometime. Appreciate the effort TrumanHW
                                    This community is just beyond talented ... and generous with info they could easily treat as "dark arts" and hoard.

I can't do enough to pull my weight & express my reciprocal gratitude as it is.

LMK if you run into any snags; I'll be glad to help.

Comment

I'd search through this fantastic forum first to see what others have done.
                                      Otherwise, I've previously done a brute force attack with a Teensy microcontroller, but that was with 4 digits, not 6. Might take a while, but you could try birthdays first.
                                      Right, that's the problem with those 6-digit pins; they take 100x longer for brute-force attack.

I'll look and see if I can infer the location in the rom of a PW I create (either the Hx000000) or if there's ASCII info) to help you find it using the J6100 connector (if you have an interface for it).

If you don't, I have a suggestion for alibaba that I think is the CHEAPEST on there ($38 for L2013+)

Comment

It's doable if you leave it running for a week.
                                        I wrote my own version that tries 5 times (I think), then restarts the Mac and tries again.

Comment

It's doable if you leave it running for a week.
                                          I wrote my own version that tries 5 times (I think), then restarts the Mac and tries again.
                                          Okay, this is exclusively for T2, yes..?

Any luck with M1 devices ..?

Comment

Working...
                                          X