Vizio E550I-B2E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio E550I-B2E

Hi everyone I have a set here that wont turn on at all. It has a white standby light but when you press power it acts like it wants to turn on by the light going off but nothing. You guys have any suggestions a tested the led strip with a led tester all is good there. So Now I'm wondering if its the psu, mainboard or tcon? thanks guys. I will upload pics of anything you guys want no problem.
    Attached Files

Re: Vizio E550I-B2E

Most likely the same problem, to solder the plug
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paeXXLvQhCk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u315asn_OA

Comment

Yes its funny I took out the boards to find the connector was completely loose omg problem fixed thank you. That was my issue not often in tv repair is it this easy and free. thanks guys.

Comment

Yes, along the way, this is their typical malfunction.

Comment

Easy Peezy, I've found or bought many of these for pennies and fixed for nothing. Glad you fixed it.

Comment

Good way to make some extra money for sure thanks guys.

Comment

just found one of these on curb. WOW - what an easy fix. So what makes the connector solder joints go bad ? Is there a way to make sure this doesn't happen again ? Obviously this board was made CHEAP. horrible soldering on connector and rest of board.

Comment

I took out both boards and resoldered both the male and female connectors probably bout 8 through hole on each connector just resolder the entire both connectors with FLUX AND GOOD LEAD SOLDER. finish with ipa alcohol cleaning tooth brush. Tighten all the ground screws in tv as well

Comment

did all those things and soldered xformer pins also. curious why connector pins go bad.

Comment

Originally posted by ajshoe View Post
                    did all those things and soldered xformer pins also. curious why connector pins go bad.
                    The design of the connector and lead free solder along with thermal expansion and contraction.
                    Did you remove all of the old solder or just added new leaded?

Comment

added leaded solder. I should have removed the lead-free solder. I did touch up all the connectors and xformer. Its an easy access - probably have to do it again. seems like connection between boards should have been a short cable

Comment

Working...
                      X