X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi,

I am Eugen from Romania. Thanks for welcome !

Comment

Hello everyone at Badcaps! In introduction lets say that I am glad to be a member of the site hope to find a lot of information here. Ofcourse I dont have a lot of knowlege concerning electronics but have an open mind. I joined the site because at the moment I have problems with a Tv and needed some help. Again its good to be here and I hope there will be help available

Comment

Hi,
        I afraid I have no electronic training what so ever, but I have been poking around inside of electrical devices since I was a child. My dad was a radio/tv repairman, so I've no fear of electricity, but lots of respect for what it can do, especially at high voltages.

I can solder and have repaired many laptops and desktop computers and a few radios. I've worked with electronic techs for decades, so I know the jargon and the jokes, like what is the purpose of a transistor? Answer - It burns up to save the fuse.

I hope to learn a few things here and share any unique knowledge I may have in the wild and wooly world of electronics.

Comment

Hello everybody, Im new in this forum, Im from Bolivia South America.

Comment

I've been lurking here for a year or so after finding the site while searching for a reason why three Gateway PSUs blew taking the MBs with them. I have some knowledge of electronics, but never worked as a board level repair tech. For the past 20+ years I've made a living as an IT professional (network engineer/administration). Thanks for looking, and if your a EE or tech I want to thank you personally for sharing your knowledge on this site.

Comment

Been hanging around here and reading. Just done my first recap on a couple of Thomson routers with bulging CapXons. All went well.

regards
              Tim

Comment

new to the community

hello everyone. have to make a post so i can edit my profile. found this place while looking for caps for a magnavox lcd power supply. gonna look around and see whats going on.

Comment

Hi, everybody.
                  I am a retarded - sorry: retired - guy, 62 y old.
                  Live in Johannesburg.
                  Have done electronics [repairs] for the last 35 years but I am still dumb...
                  What I know pretty well is how to cut my toe nails - every three weeks.
                  Lovely to be here.
                  Nice day to all.

Comment

Hi, guys! I'm from Brazil, my main area is programming and software security but I was dragged into electronics a few years ago and got specialized in laptop motherboard repair. Liked the quality of the group here, hope I can help and be helped. See you around!

Comment

Hi everyone
                      Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Oliver, I was born in Puerto Rico. Been doing PC repairs for the past 11yrs. I lived in NYC but decided to come back to PR lol, to much noise and pollution in NYC. Before I left NY I worked with various city agencies fixing, troubleshooting everything from computers to Variable Messages Signs that are used in roadway. I like to get my hands dirty in everything I can. Hope to learn a lot from your guys.

Comment

Hi, new member here.

My name is Paul and I look forward contributing to this forum. Long time reader here, just signed up. Got screwed back in the good ol' days with a Soyo 5EH5 and have declared war on crappacitors ever since.

Don't have much else to say, just getting "My First Post" out here...
                        "pokemon go... to hell!"

EOL it...
                        Originally posted by shango066
                        All style and no substance.
                        Originally posted by smashstuff30
                        guilty,guilty,guilty,guilty!
                        guilty of being cheap-made!

Comment

hi, everyone
                          i am a new member, and trying to repair my smps by myself.
                          hope i will get help when in need.
                          thank you all in advance.

Comment

Hello, Walter from Connecticut USA. Enjoying forums. Considering recaping 478 board and some psu, lol maybe..
                            Fun place and active Walter
                            Last edited by touristw; 01-29-2011, 06:45 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Hi guys. From Peterborough, England. Been here for a while, saw all the amazing advice and joined.

I like trying(?) to fix LCD/Plasma TV's and pro audio studio equipment, building computers and making the odd tune.
                              Soundcraft CPS-450 and CPS-550 (Rebuilds - Completed!)
                              Samsung PS42V6S - in repair (New Y-SUS Board Completed)
                              Philips 32PFL7782D/05 - in repair (PSU or Main Board - Selling)

Comment

hello i am always trying to learn more about these types of repairs and have heard this is the best site around for good info my name is josh i am from tulsa oklahoma thanks in advance for the help i might recieve and i hope that i may be able to pass some knowledge to

Comment

Hi, Joshua from Melbourne Australia.

Currently a student at Monash University studying Bachelor Science/Bachelor Computer Science. I'm a mature aged student though, in my late 20's so have played around with quite a few different things. I like hardware, software and everything in between.

I'm interested in AVR programming at the moment for one of my projects so I've decided to revive an old computer that has a parallel port (for a cheap microcontroller programmer). The PC is working, but some of the caps have leaked in the psu, thus why I'm here.

Comment

Hi,

Martin from west Cornwall.

Just started looking at Plasma's to see if i can learn a few things !!

Martin

Comment

Hi! I found this site while trying to determine why a Dell panel E151Fpp had a black screen. My wife and I have a non-profit business where we give donated computers to needy kids. We have about 100 of these panels, some of which, have the black screen problem. Roy from St. Michaels

Comment

Hello from Utah.

I found this forum when my Samsung HD tuner quit, and the only option was a new one for $400. I have an old Panasonic Tau CRT "HD ready" television, and it has the best picture of anything I've seen, so I'm loath to retire it. I saved it from a $300 repair a few years ago by opening it up and finding a blown fuse (60 cent replacement) and now it looks like I'm going to be able to fix the Samsung tuner for just a few dollars. So thanks a lot for that--and howdy.

Billy Pilgrim

Comment

Hi all, my name is Alex. I ran into this forum looking to see if anyone else had issues with a Hanns-G HG281D. Apparently, people have. I am going recap the power board and see what happens. I will buy quality caps from the links being suggested in this board. I also have another LCD screen with similar shutting off issues that I already tried to recap but with no good results (perhaps the Radio Shack caps?).

I'll see ya around!

Alex

Comment

Working...
                                          X