Linksys wrt 54gv2 blinking power light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linksys wrt 54gv2 blinking power light

Hi to all I've not been in the forum for a while nice to see some old faces still around.. Looking for some guidance I may have bricked my router. My wrt54gv2 Linnksys was not able to accept a pvn or at least I couldn't find any way to add one?? so I updated the firmware with dd-wrt.v24_micro_olsrd_generic. I couldn't find anything in that firmware to allow me to set up a VPN so I decided to reinstall the latest firmware update from Linksys. something went wrong for when I did a reset I get a blinking power light and no internet access. I can't access my router setup through the web browser which I think means a corrupted firmware. I have done a lot of reading on the issue tried the 30-30-30 reset no go I can ping my router's address after assigning a static ip to my computer and I tried updating the firmware with Tftp utility but no go the progress bar goes blue and stops just before the end where it times out and gives the error 'unable to get a response from the server". From what I read if I can ping the server I should be able to access it through the web browser any thoughts on that? Is there some setting I should change in the adapter options? I have followed the steps laid down on dd-wrt.com web sight but can't seem to get anything to work. This sight has some very knowledge people in many fields I hope routers is one and can shed some light on the issue. Thanks in advance
    Last edited by davg; 06-07-2020, 09:53 AM.

Re: Linksys wrt 54gv2 blinking power light

Have you tried what's listed here ? https://lancelhoff.com/how-to-fix-a-...inksys-router/

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
      Have you tried what's listed here ? https://lancelhoff.com/how-to-fix-a-...inksys-router/
      Yes I have thanks for the reply diif I get (connect request failed) I know timing is critical but I tried it couple dozen times same response

Comment

I tried connecting my router directly to my modem/ to my computer and I can access the web setup. The firmware version shows Linksys v1.02.7 seems to be in tack I can make changes to it in the setup like set to default change my wireless and security settings etc. but when I try the firmware upgrade it fails?? I still have a blinking power light and the router is now sending IP address since I set back to default. The blinking power light seems to indicate that the router is taking an update but it got stuck in doing so if that makes any sense? Doing a hard reset doesn't clear it? I don't know if backup and restore would work if I had the good sense to make a backup before this happened? Is there someway or somehow I can get or make a backup file? Or if in fact that would even work?

Comment

Disregard the top statement it was a false reading there was another Linksys router attached to my system that I am using as an extender? Still unable to access my bricked router using any of the methods I have read

Comment

connect a ttl to the router and do an nvram clear. see if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
              connect a ttl to the router and do an nvram clear. see if that helps.
              Tried that but cant get it to connect it times out

Comment

Recovered using a Jtag and instructions found on the dd-wrt.com web sight. Erased the nvram powered off and powered on then flashed firmware using tftp and after three tries good to go. Thanks again for the help I get from this forum

Comment

been there and clearing the nvram worked for me. Glad it worked for you too!

Comment

Working...
                  X