This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi, My name is Dimuthu and from Sri Lanka. First of all I'm not very knowledgeable or having lot of experience in the field, unlike lot of peoples in here. But I'm hoping to contribute this site much as I can since this place seems very good place to learn and grow. I got my first computer not so long ago, like 5 years back then. It was Pentium 4 and then after a year later, I got used core2duo laptop and immediately burned it by plugging in faulty charger. After that, over few months I tried to get it back to work but no repair shop could fix it. Then I decide to try it by my self but obviously I failed to do that because I was too dumb. Years later now I have completed my degree in science and I collect some experience over repairing stuff and now ready to learn about deep component level stuff. So I believe I can learn immensely just by from this site and I would like to thanks site admins and contributors for keeping this site well organized and clean. Keep up good work!

Comment

Hello all, i am a Electrical engineering student and want to learn more about repairing stuff. I am from Germany and found this site in reddit. I would like to share ideas and resource of motherboard repair techniques and general electric components.

Comment

Hi everybody! Trying to help my parents fix their TV, looks like this is the place is the go to.

Comment

Hi, Patrick here in Montreal. Trying to diagnose a problem with an LCD tv, will post some pics in separate thread.

Comment

Greetings, friends. I recently took a job at an arcade so I'll be fixing a lot of boards that look like they got fished out of a lake. Can't wait to talk shop with some like-minded individuals.

Comment

Hello everyone, I just read the PM because I'm an idiot xD.
              I work repairing laptops for an importer in my country, and I have not found work as a sysadmin, and I have been doing this for more than 15 years ... mainly that.

sorry about my english, i know, it's owful.

Comment

Good morning everyone, thank you for allowing me to participate in this beautiful library of experience and knowledge. I am Guillermo from Nicaragua, I like electronics and I always work on it. I have other activities like programming or designing. I spend all day at work, repairing cell phones or laptops or PCs. While something bad electronic comes to me, I check it and if I can repair it I try and well the discipline is strong, Wanting is power. My work is completely abstracted and if I take time to respond it is because I am busy but I always take the time to respond. Something made clear the electronics always passionate me. I hope to be always present in the forum and I thank you for the informative way you have to receive the new member. Thank you very much for receiving me and I wish you a day of success and blessings.

Comment

Hi everyone!

Stumbled across this forum while looking up some help for my TV. I'm relatively computer savvy for someone with zero training, but other electronics have me totally stumped! Hope I can learn a thing or two here

Comment

Hi all, I decided to join this forum to ask for help on a problem with my older Woodway treadmill I acquired a couple of months ago. My wife, 2 boys and myself are all runners and looking forward to getting this beast working for the summers here in Phoenix. I do enjoy fixing issues around the home, maintaining 3 vehicles and now electronics troubleshooting. Looking forward to diving into this forum- thanks

Comment

good day to all , im gani from philippines..a new in board level repairs.. hoping to learn more here and contribute to this forum..thanks

Comment

Hello, i am Luis Calvo, from Colombia, southamerica. Thanks for this forum, i hope to learn and help others....

Greatings!!!

Comment

Hi to all. As suggested, just wanted to enter my initial message. I do have a question regarding a Plasma TV but will do due diligence and search for a possible answer already posted. Wonderful site, great info, best regards to great posters.

Comment

After venturing into the sea of frustration to become a proficient programmer, I decided I didn't have enough. I'd like to play around with some hobby electronics, as well as fix this Vizio TV a roommate left me, so I'm here to learn what to do after intense bouts of swearing doesn't work.

Comment

Hi, I'm Istvan from Hungary. I repair TVs and other electronic devices of my friends as a hobby. I read the forum regularly. It's a nice source of knowledge. Thank you.

Comment

Hello Everyone:

I'm Joey and have been involved in electronics for the past 50 or so years. Began by taking things apart as a youngster to see how they work, then obtained my 'papers' from RCC in Toronto, Canada in 1978. Started as a radio tech for first 5 years, then in the data communications field till retirement last year.

Thanks for all the valuable information that's available in these 'archives'!

Have a grrrrrrrrrreat day eh!
                                j.

Comment

Hello Guy's, Name's Patrick, I am from Nairobi, Uhhh i repair smartphones and Laptops, PCs. I love electronics so repairing them is fun and you get paid to do it so another plus. Thank you.

Comment

516/5000
                                    Hello to the whole group.

My user is Newdarkfire and I am from Argentina. I really like computer science and electronics, as well as knowing how things work. Watching a YouTube video, I found a user who positively recommended this website and I found that he was right. The forum is very very interesting and with lots of information to learn. Thank you for letting me into the community. And I hope to live up to share my knowledge with all of you.

Thank you.
                                    Greetings.

---------------------------------------------

Hola a todo el grupo.

Mi usuario es Newdarkfire y soy de Argentina. Me gusta mucho la informatica y la electronica, como tambien saber el funcionamento de las cosas. Viendo un video de youtube, encontre a un usuario que recomendaba positivamente este sitio web y he comprobado que tenia razon. El foro es muy muy interesante y con muchisima informacion para aprender. Gracias por dejarme entrar a la comunidad. Y espero estar a la altura para compartir mis conocimientos con todos ustedes.

Muchas gracias.
                                    Saludos.

Comment

Hello peeps. Came across the forum looking to help diagnose a TV fault - hoping some of you knowledgable people can point me in the right direction.

This isnt a just a case of trying to save money and i'm certainly not doing it for profit - i generally have an interest in how things work and dont like the throw away consumerism that we have all fallen into over the last 30 years!

Comment

Hello everyone, my name is Jose and I am a computer technician.
                                        I graduated in 1992 and I dedicate myself to the electronic technical service of computers and laptops.
                                        I hope to contribute to this forum, help as much as possible.

Comment

Hi! My name is Luis and I work at a repair workshop.
                                          I will try to keep track on this forum so we can share the knowledge.
                                          Thanks!!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X