View Single Post
Old 04-16-2022, 03:25 PM   #4
grimacelord

City & State: Atlanta, GA
My Country: USA
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Default Re: Apple iPad Pro 3rd Generation 12.9" (A1876) No Power/Charge When Screen Is Connec

Quote:
Originally Posted by mon2 View Post
What is the 820-xxxx part # on your logic board ?
820-01435-A is the logic board part number.

Quote:
Is it possible that the LCDs you are testing are incompatible for your logic board?
No. The iPad Pro 12.9" 3rd Gen shares the same display assembly with an iPad Pro 12.9" 4th Gen. I have purchased 2 different screens from a reputable vendor that I always use for mobile device repair. The only thing that has remained the same is the LCD flex cables you have to swap from the original display to the new one. Perhaps these cables are faulty? I can't really understand how a flex cable like that would cause this particular issue, but I suppose it's an idea to explore. I can order some new flex cables and just see. I don't have any in stock anyway, so it won't hurt to order some.

Quote:
What is the part # for the LCD you are testing that causes the logic board to not boot ?
I have tried an OEM refurbished display (OEM Apple LCD with new digitizer) and I have tried a 3rd party display, so neither one of them carry the original Apple part number. The refurbished one might, but I am sure they've covered up the part number with some tape or something. I will have to check on Monday.
grimacelord is offline   Reply With Quote