Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus Dual-RX580-O8G

Hi,
    My client brought this card to me. He used this card for mining and it has a problem.
    It has a 2 hdmi connectors, when i plugged the cable to first connector,it is not give picture and my motherboard indicates VGA error.
    If i plug the cable to secound connector, the card is working, gives an image with some error.
    I cant run any test for debugging.
    Which is possible? GPU or Vram error?
    Attached Files

Re: Asus Dual-RX580-O8G

Those vertical-colored bars are highly likely a bad GPU chip (bad connections on GPU die going to one or more memory chips.) I don't suggest wasting too much time with it. Feel free to bake it a little to see if the patterns change or disappear completely... though even if they do, be assured the "repair" won't last too long. Also tell your client to under-clock & under-volt his othe mining cards (if any), if he hasn't already. In some cases, that can extend their useful life. Otherwise, he'll probably get more cards like this in the future. Modern gaming video cards aren't made to handle full throttle power 24/7.
    Last edited by momaka; 10-15-2021, 12:23 AM.

Comment

This pattern is typical for one failed RAM bank, can be caused by a VRAM chip being entirely dead, by a communication issue with memory controller or by a bad memory controller inside GPU, but first would be to replace the VRAM chips of the affected bank.
      OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Tech Cemetery on YouTube has a video with banding like that.

https://youtu.be/VWDYmCmIde4

Pretty useful info in there.

Comment

Thank you for everyone!

#momaka
          Yes, he has a lots of RX580 card with lots of errors..
          I tried tell him before, but he just put these card full throttle, and now there is a panic. This is the fifth card in one week, wich is died.

#piernov
          Thank you for reinforcement.
          I can identify based on the video which is/are the bad vram..i couldn't before.

#manuforti1314
          Thank you. The video tutorial is very usefull for me.

Comment

Can someone send sch or tell me which mcu generstes 1.8v
            Also datasheet ir pinout uP0132
            Tnx

Comment

As i found that ic is for 1v8.
              If 1v8 missing then not have 0.9v pll,no power gpu,vram etc,only 12v on coils and 5v

Comment

From beginning
                Card not recognised not video out on monitor
                On board only 12v on 3-4 coils,5v,and 3v3, not any other voltage
                I resolder ic for 1v8 then all voltage present.
                I put card installed drivers and tested with furmark,was ok 61celsius max
                Today again no video out,and I noticed when put hotair on 1v8 ic then fans spin and card has video,but after that card found as normal vga card ,not rx580.
                Somehow now installed drivers and card recognised but now when start furmark and press stress button,monitor goes in sleep mode,no video out from card.
                Is any sw like math for amd card that can be test memory ir should reflow gpu,BUT card works when hotair on 1v8 ic see image
                Attached Files

Comment

On other side of pcb from this 1v8 is this -image
                  Attached Files

Comment

Forgot to mention, sometimes all voltages present but gpu crystal is ice cold, then with pressure snd little banding pcb starts to get hard

Comment

No one has any idea?????

Comment

Working...
                      X