what can i use a WD caviar 2120 for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what can i use a WD caviar 2120 for?

its a caviar 2120 wdac2120-32m has: 872 cyl 35 spt 125.0 MB 3605 RPM 6s From Power-on to Drive Ready. came out of an AMD-386 machine that i am trying to get working (just need a keyboard) and since its getting the minix treatment its getting upgraded to a quantum bigfoot 12.7Gb so... what can i use this old beasty drive for?
    Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Re: what can i use a WD caviar 2120 for?

could put freedos on it, or a really light linux distro!!

Comment

debian 2.1 for the amd 386 machine.
      Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

A source of fun magnets?

Comment

^ lol. no, it sounds too cool spinning up and running. same with my quantum bigfoot, they just sound too cool to kill.

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

I can't seem to get myself to get rid of these working hard drives:
            1 40MB HDD
            1 230MB HDD
            2 400MB HDDs
            1 730MB HDD
            1 2GB HDD

Sigh... need to just get rid of them...

Comment

i want them

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Working...
              X