This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi Glad to join badcaps.net. Hope to get the best support for PC repairs.
    Regards!!!

Comment

Hello!

new member here. an old tech but want to have more knowledge regarding PC repair hope
      i can ask help to someone out there more knowledgeable on pc repair.

thanks in advance

Comment

Hi, I'm Lorm and I like computers and stuff.

Comment

Hello everyone I am extremely new to all of this. I've always tinkered around and was curious of how things worked and how to get around certain obstacle. I too had a Commodore-64 when i was a little kid. I'll never forget the wonderful noises it made for just about anything. I really got started in the cellular device repair and other aspects of that industry but would like to broaden my horizons as my curiosity grows. Hopefully I find some good info on here that will help me along my journey of knowledge.

Comment

Hi everyone, not really technical at this level but my dad used to work repairing electronics long ago so from time to time when something breaks, he might still be able to repair it, just looking for info on some newer electronics.

Comment

Hello,
              I am french IT technician freelancer.
              I am more and more confronted to repairs that I can't done correctly, for my clients.
              By lack of knowlege, or bad diagnostics.
              I thought I could find some help here

Comment

Hello,

I am Finnish tech oriented standard dude...
                I work, with 3D printting laptops, desktops, software...

Comment

Hi, I am André from Germany.
                  My childhood was basically - Sinclair ZX 81, Amstrad CPC 464, 286PC (Noname with Amber Monitor, hercules monochrome if I remember right), Many OS'es since then:
                  IBM OS/2 2.x until OS/2 Warp, Windows since windows 3.0, MS DOS, Novell DOS, Esix (a Unix Variant, runs even on a 286 processor).

Nowadays I have a Desktop with Arch Linux and a Server running Proxmox and some usefull services for my home.

Comment

Hello
                    I just discovered the forum I hope I managed to find some help and give some too

Comment

Hello,
                      My name is Olivier and I'm new to this Forum, I mainly work in 3D printing but recently I wanted to learn mot about Electronic.

Thank you for this Forum.

Comment

Hello, I'm Faik. I'm a computer engineer

Comment

Hi one n all, been in the game some 30 odd years now, based in sunny Poole Dorset England, thought I'd join so I can work smarter not harder as I'm getting older and things are getting smaller I'm finding it harder to read values ect so now a days it's just as quick to search know faults as it is to fault find lol

Comment

Hi
                            I've used this great resource for bios files and boardvievs before, but now I'm actually looking to ask for advice on getting all voltages on an RTX 2070 super.

Thanks for making all these boardviews and info so easily accessible

Comment

hello everyone, I want to have a lot of experience in the field of phone repair, now I decided to do laptop repair as well.
                              I have been doing repairs for 13 years, I live in Austria in the city of Vienna.

Comment

Hello, hello, hello...

Love to tinker and learn new things with tech.

Hoping to learn from and get some help/direction from some much smarter people on here.

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                                  As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                                  So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                                  where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                                  Hello, I am new to this forum. first of all, thank you for letting me join. I am a newbie Computer Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                                    As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                                    So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                                    where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..

Comment

what made me click this Forum is the NAME Badcaps. i like it!

Comment

Hello everyone, I just want to say that I'm very thankful because this forum helped me a lot with some repair jobs (especially with TV´s)

Comment

Hi, happy to be part of this amazing community with a lot of knowledge and expertise in one place. I've started to do beginner electronics repair work and feel this forum is best place to get knowledge on variety of things. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                          X