Sony xbr-65x930e faded to black; now has backlight but no picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony xbr-65x930e faded to black; now has backlight but no picture

OP, the best method is to find another TV and start swapping. Like I said, you can have multiple problems at the moment.
    But you can try the following.
    Put everything back, just disconnect the cable between main board and T-con. BTW, make sure the cable is not broken.
    Find power supply connection to T-Con and connect it by single wire.
    Turn TV on. If panel is cycling through red, green, blue solid colors, then panel should be good.

Comment

I actually asked Nick about that color test and he's not sure whether this model has that function to begin with. Not that it doesn't, just not sure.

Currently nothing happens when I disconnect both cables between main and t-con. However if I don't power the t-con, then I get 5 red flashes on the indicator LED. Would that happen if the board was bad too, indicating that both boards are good?

Also read this in a Sony training manual:

One trick to check most TCONS for functionality is to loosen the LVDS connector at the TCON (as shown In Figure 4-3) while the unit is turned on. Handle the LVDS connector with care and be certain to fully release the lock tabs. Gently rock the cable in and out of the connector while observing the screen for any response. Depending on the chassis, the symptoms of the screen may be gentle white flashes, intermittent colored lines, or a screen full of random patterns. The idea at this point is to provoke some kind of response on the screen. TCON boards that have failed will not usually generate any type of response on the screen.

Tried that last night and did not see any response at all. What are the odds that my original t-con AND the new one I just got are both bad and the panel is actually fine?

Comment

Originally posted by alfatv View Post
        Mr Right, show us the right attitude, then maybe we will follow.
        Don't need any followers, and I will always point out when some KNOWITALL like you is jumping to conclusions, if you don't like it, guess thats just too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
          Don't need any followers, and I will always point out when some KNOWITALL like you is jumping to conclusions, if you don't like it, guess thats just too bad.
          I know better than you who I am, you take care of yourself. I am done talking to you about this and will not reply anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by alfatv View Post
            I know better than you who I am, you take care of yourself. I am done talking to you about this and will not reply anymore.
            k k, bye bye now.

Comment

Aww c'mon guys, this definitely isn't helping me fix my TV. I get excited when I see replies in my thread only to end up seeing this crap...can we please get back to what's important? You don't need to speak to one another anymore if you don't want to, but would be great if you'd reply to me.

Comment

Hey kerberos, did you managed to fix your TV? I have the exactly same issue right now...
                Cant turn it on with single ribbon to check whether is the left or right side of panel

Comment

@keberos137

Post #1 said you got 2x main 2x t-con followed by a blind (can't see screen) firmware update.

Was blind update done on both main? If not, how does the non-updated main behave now? Do you still get a startup screen?

Know how to use a multi-meter to do basic short tests and DC voltage readings?

Comment

Working...
                  X