Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help in identifying a component on a GPU

Hello everyone,

I have searched the forum for a boardview that would help me identify a component on my Gigabyte rx580, but no luck so, here I am with a request for help.
    The story is simple, I wanted to dust it off and my father was near the compressor and he offered to do it, but somehow knocked or blew off a component. Now I'm trying to find what that component is, so I can put it back in its place. I found the one that was there, but it has a chip on one of the corners, with some layers inside showing.
    I looked around the board and found another one just like it, please check the photo.
    If you can point me also to a tutorial or something that would help me identify stuff like this in the future I would be very grateful.

Thank you!
    Attached Files

Re: Need help in identifying a component on a GPU

1.5 AMP FUSE measure it and look up size code .

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
      I did search for the component in some databases, but I found multiple thinks listed under the letter "K".
      The table I looked at is at the following link: https://smd.yooneed.one/code4b00.html

I don't know how to measure a fuse, but I will look for a tutorial. Also, when you say to look up size and code, what other code can I look at?

Thanks!

Comment

will be something like 0603 .. best wait and see what others say it is ,,but it is marked as f400 suggesting it is a fuse .

Comment

I also measured both now and the readings for both of the components are 1.2 on the "200" scale of my multimeter. Would you consider that the broken part is still usable?
          Thank you!

Comment

now put your meter leads together and then deduct the reading from 1.2

Comment

that would leave me with 0.2, which is about close to that 0.17 I saw in the specs for the model you mentioned.
              would it be safe to use again the component which has a chipped corner? if not, I found new ones on aliexpress, but it will be a long wait until I get them.
              thanks again for the help!

Comment

if it will solder back on give it a try

Comment

it will, only a bit o plastic on the side is broken off. I'll give it a try

Comment

it is shown 200mA 24V from the schematics, the size is 3216 or 1206 smd fuse.

I am also in the middle of repair attempt bunch of rx580s, hope that helps and goodluck with yours.

Comment

thanks, I think I found the right part on aliexpress, but I'll try to put the old one back there.

Comment

That fuse reads totally fine.

Comment

Working...
                        X