Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panasonic TX-32LZD80 backlight no picture (fixed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TX-32LZD80 backlight no picture (fixed)

Just picked this up, very local to me. Fault was originally described as no picture and I was about to diagnose a bad inverter until I saw this TV does have a backlight, it's just incredibly dark because it's an IPS panel (very high contrast ratio, but also lower brightness.) I might try increasing the current control on the inverter board to see if the brightness will go up a bit more.

Found the t-con fuse to be blown. Replace that and it worked.

Wish I could make it more glamorous but hard to go wrong with a 32 inch Full HD Panasonic like this, they're very well built. 2008 series. Picture is no where near as good as my PZ80 plasma though! Panel is a Panasonic too; IPS Alpha tech.
    Last edited by tom66; 11-03-2013, 10:01 AM.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Re: Panasonic TX-32LZD80 backlight no picture (fixed)

Hi Tom

I've got a the exact same model of TV as this and it has the exact same problem. Can you tell me where the T-Con fuse you talk about is located ?

Many thanks

Mark

Comment

It's right near the LVDS connector, little black thing. No photos of it, sorry. But it is obvious.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

another easy fix, saved from the landfill as well. I wish i could find more sets to repair not much around at the minute.

Comment

This was about 6 months ago and it was fixed for a friend who found it on Gumtree like this

Comment

yes just saw that now haha but hey its fixed and saved i guess.

Comment

Still going strong though. Only thing I'm not a fan of is the dim image, OK in a dark room like his though.

Comment

no i like nice bright clear images my self to be honest is this how these tx-32lzd80 are designed then?

Comment

Yep, seen a couple others looking the same so figure it's just how they are made. Have not tried to adjust it yet.

Comment

im sure you will when you get another project to work on.

Comment

Hi guys where did you purchase the replacement fuse as I have the same set with same problem.

Thanks in advance.

@safesurfer65 if you still need a pic I can upload one for you.

Comment

CPC stock them. Is there a rating, e.g. 1.3A 32V(T) printed next to the fuse? Or alternatively, a letter on the fuse?

Comment

Yes Tom, it's 24v / 1.6A. PN or txt on the comp body is I62 NCC hard to make our as it's so small , 1206 package I think.

Thanks for the reply,

Stephen

Comment

I think I ended up using a 1.5A fuse
                            http://cpc.farnell.com/multicomp/mc1...-5a/dp/FF02271

Min order with CPC is £5 now so you may have to add some solder wick or other things to the order.

Comment

Thanks so much for the quick reply, I'll get this ordered and changed. Can't thank you enough, will post results when complete.

Comment

[UPDATE FIXED]

Well fuses arrived replaced and all working perfect.

T-CON - 19100096 MDK 336V-0

Great info thanks.

Pics below >>
                                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by StephenU View Post
                                  [UPDATE FIXED]

Well fuses arrived replaced and all working perfect.

T-CON - 19100096 MDK 336V-0

Great info thanks.

Pics below >>
                                  its nice when its a cheap fix and it works 100% fine again.

Comment

It sure is that vinceroger69. Now onto the next!

Comment

Originally posted by StephenU View Post
                                      It sure is that vinceroger69. Now onto the next!
                                      Thats how i started too, fixed one then thought this could make a good hobby so now pick up free ones from freecycle gumtree etc to practice repairs one. I also done a few laptop repairs now once you get the electronics bug its hard to stop although theres a lot to learn good job for sites like this and google also some good youtube videos on repairs/testing tips etc.

Comment

Amazing!!!! I have a degree in Physics but no experience in tv repair at all. Followed your advice and bam, perfectly functioning television. Can't thank you enough. The pictures and website were particularly useful.

I have fixed my first tv and am on cloud 9.

Comment

Working...
                                        X