This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

I troubleshoot for a living and tinker around with electronics as a hobby. I signed up because I couldn't download something without doing so, which is kind of irksome but understandable. God knows how many forums I've forgotten the user names and passwords for because I only registered to look at a picture or a document.

I'll probably remember this one.

Comment

Hi everyone, I'm an automation engineer from Canada. I'm having issues on our 20 year old servers and looking for capacitor replacements!

Comment

Hi folks, I am living in Ireland, long story, from time to time try to fix electronics, so far have been using the forum's knowledge without asking questions and now is the time to ask...

Comment

Hello Im new here.
          Im Dave and I live in London,UK. I'm a network technician primarily on Cisco networks and VoIP. so any questions on that I would be happy to help

Comment

Hello! I am here in Orlando as a huge DIY’er, and love fixing my stuff rather than buying new... so I’m hoping to find a little help here. Unfortunately I don’t have a ton of info to share, but I appreciate all of the help. Thanks!

Comment

My name is John. I have work 20 years on avionics systems and 18 years on Consumer electronics. I have A BAS in EET. I consider myself to basically be a metermonkey.

Comment

Hi there, my name is Leo and I'm eager to find schematics, repair guide and stuff in this big community. I'm kinda new in electronics but I always had a curious mind.

Thanks for reading. Cheers.

Comment

hello all

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hello, My name is Jonatas and i'am Electronic Engineer.

Comment

Hello. I need help with identifying the location of my HP 820 G1 BIOS chip.

Comment

Hello everyone. My name is Andrew and I am happy to join the forum. I am in process of fixing my plasma TV... need to refresh my memory as I have not touched a soldering iron for many years.

Comment

Hi guys. I'm jumping in mostly after having ordered a couple of capacitors with a week to wait before they arrive in the hope I can revive my PSW110 subwoofer... Very disappointed after spending money on speaker (my previous purchase lasted 17 years and works extremely well even compared to a pair of Monitor Audio's I bought 2 years ago) and having it fizzle out within 4 years...

I'm a little outdated, after studying Marine radio and radar and passing out in 1986 I didn't have much need to do much - now living in Asia it's a bit tougher to buy things new, or even order stuff online (Especially with Amazing for example - huge shipping bills and very limited number of people ship to Thailand) so I'm looking to make repairs.

Comment

Hey guys, I came across this site when I Googled how to dump a BIOS for my Latitude laptop. I'm a tinkerer of sorts- I don't mind getting my hands dirty and trying out new things. Seems like a lot of great guys and info in here!

Comment

Ahoy,
                                I write this in the morning, while eating a burger with mozz sticks under dutch crunch. I aim not to impress. I've been alive and growing since before and during the webs were a thing. Baud noise has been my solace for many years. Dropped out of a chemistry degree to focus on what I do best; repairs. At this point I focus on macs, but am still familiar with all machines.
                                Board repair is my focus now. I hope to learn and contribute to this forum. Huzzah to you all. I look forward to the beautiful crowd-sourced platform that this is.

Comment

Hello! Brand new to this forum and posting my first reply. Is this thing working?

Comment

Thought I posted correctly to get on the site. I know how to use a meter, but apparently my posting skills are lacking. Is there anybody out there? Any help would be appreciated. Send help to jtljtl@outlook.com.

Comment

Greetings and salutations, everyone!

I'm an engineer by trade (BS in manufacturing/AAS in mechanical) but I tinker with everything. I'm most experienced in cars, motorcycles, atvs, small engines, etc. but I'm making a segue into component level electrical repair. Looking forward to some dialogue on this forum.

Comment

Hello everyone. I am a new member here. This forum does not seem like it is the most active of the lot. Anyway, I think the forum still looks nice and might be of some help to me in some way. Observing things here initially before I start active participation. Have a good day all!
                                        “The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad.”

Comment

Hi, I'm Dixon. I joined this group to find data in hopes of repairing not one, but now two MacBook Pro's, Mid-2012. I recently purchased a used A1278 to replace the one I purchased new.

Comment

Working...
                                          X