This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

I am Mahathev 69 yrs old Male from Malaysia. Retired Police Officer with DIY interests in Electronics repair and projects! Hi Topcat thanks for yr welcome message! Right now, fixing a 32 inch Philips TV PFL3409S/98 red monitor light always on with no 24 volt present ( 3.3 standby voltage present) using IC FSQ510. That's how I dropped into this forum, Very good tips by Plain Bill. I can't find a schematic/service manual. Willing to learn something new everyday!

Comment

Hey folks. My name is unilock, borne from earth and flame. Honestly I'm just here for schematics, praying for the day when our right to repair is emblazoned in law.

Comment

Hi everyone, Pete here, looking for some advice on troubleshooting and fixing a Samsung 46" TV that was gifted to me by the previous owner when I bought a new house a few months back. Seems like a useful thing to do being stuck inside for a while, thanks in advance for the help.

Comment

Hi, I'm Andy from PA, I am interested in learning more about repairing common household electronics and devices. I hate to buy something new when I know I can repair it!

Comment

Hello, I'm Alex from Los Angeles. I am trying to fix a BIOS bricked Razer Blade and I'm hoping someone here can provide me with the right firmware version for my motherboard. Thanks!

Comment

Helllooooooooo everyoneeeeeeee

Comment

hi, My name is Svetoslav from Bulgaria .
                i am here searching for knowledge

Comment

Hello I'm Matt from France,
                  Like you here to learn.
                  Student in IT
                  glad to see we all come fromeverywhere

Comment

Fixed a KDL-52S4100 because of the people here. Just made an account to thank the original pioneers that figured the problem out with this TV

Comment

Hi every one,
                      I am Aeeksandar from Serbia, I found this forum because i need help about my bios for medion erazer laptop.

Comment

Hi everybodie, My name is Leon Hernandez, I'm an electronic engineer, and I have been in the control and data adcquisition field for more than 30 years. I live in the city of Torreon in the Coahuila State of Mexico.

I usually help my Friends repairing their computers and other appliances, so eventually I look for some information to face the problems I find during the repairing process.

I'm very glad I've found this forum, the information I've found is very valuable and I hope I could be of help to some of the members and share information and my knolwdge with you, and have some fun at the same time.

See you around.

Comment

Hello everyone!
                          Thank you for accepting and allowing me to participate in this forum.
                          For years, I have been dedicated to laptop and electronics repairs in general, although many times the lack of time and practice causes a lot of knowledge to be lost.
                          I have decided to register to participate and be able to help whoever needs it, and on the way, also be able to post for when I need help.
                          By default my language is Spanish, but in publications, by custom and with the help of a translator, I usually publish in English and Spanish.
                          Greetings to everyone

Hola a tod@s!
                          Gracias por aceptarme y permitir, el poder participar en éste foro.
                          Desde hace años, me dedico a reparaciones de portatiles y electrónica en general, aunque muchas veces la falta de tiempo y práctica hace que muchos conocimientos se pierdan.
                          He decido registrarme para participar y poder ayudar a quien lo necesite, y de camino, también poder postear para cuando necesite ayuda.
                          Por defecto mi idioma es español, pero en las publicaciones, por costumbre y con ayuda de un traductor, suelo publicar en ingles y español.
                          Saludos a tod@s

Comment

Hello, I'm Brad. I became interested in electronics at a real young age (10-12yrs old), and that continued until I joined the USN in 1973 and became an intermediate service tech onboard the USS JFK, for the airborne radar system that sat in the nose of the Vought A7 Corsair attack aircraft. After 1 tour, I left the Navy, but continued working for DOD as a civilian at McClellan AFB in Sacramento. I became more interested in the software side and jumped into it when the opportunity presented itself.

So I retired after about 25 yrs as a software developer and now have been going over and trying to regain some of my hardware skills to recap & repair 5 dead vintage Infinity Servo controlled Subwoofers. All of them are between 27-32 years old so all the electrolytics need to be replaced, even in the functioning Subs I have. I have made an effort to find the highest quality audio Caps for the 2 Infinity SSW-212's (Elna Silmic's, Nichicon Super Through filters,...) but have had to resort to buying some NP's with unfamiliar brands. The bad caps list along with forum posts here, will help me avoid installing crap caps in my subs.

Comment

Hello all, my name is Kenny!

Just here looking to get some troubleshooting tips for 9 year old 55” Samsung that I love! It recently stopped powering on. ☹️ Anyway, I look forward to meeting everyone!

Cheers!

Comment

My 4 year old samsung un50ku6300fxza tv is stuck on boot loop at smart tv screen

Hi, Team thanks in advance.

My samsung UN50KU6300FXZA is stuck on boot loop at smart tv screen. Tred plugging in different power sources but still no luck.
                                ordered new motherboard for audio and video from shopjimmy and swapped it. but still the problem persists.

Need your guidance in fixing it.

this tv used to work like a champ until a week ago but It started having issues when I plugged it into a power socket extender along with ps4,ps3 and a sony soundbar,chromecast and my wifi router.

I know it's a mistake to plug in too many devices into one socket.
                                but please need your advice to fix this TV.

Comment

hi guys, i'm luigi.
                                  I write from italy. I am 24 years old , i design industrial automation lines for car manufacturers on the electric side.

Comment

Hello! Just recently got a soldering iron that works, so realized that I CAN solder! Successfully done a number of capacitors so far, looking forward to more fixes!

Comment

Hello from a fellow DIY guy trying to hack his way through technology from internet forum post alone

Comment

Hello there!

I am a hobbyist who sometimes dares to change a capacitor or two. Had an EE background long ago but never really used it.

Cheers!

Comment

Hello,
                                          staying at home due to Covid-19 measures in Europe hope to get some help in this forum...
                                          Stay healthy!

Comment

Working...
                                          X