X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi
    I new to repairing TVs and I'm on my second one at the moment. I live in North Wales UK. I'm an electrician awesome like to be called Electrical engineer!
    I'm quite handy I can turn my hand to most things. Looking forward to exchanging results and helping one and other.
    Stay safe
    Greg

Comment

Hello all.

My name is Adam. Was a member to this awesome forum years ago. Long forgotten login details. :-)
      Current events have fired up my interest in fixing a pile of old IT bits and laptops I've had laying about.
      Wish me luck.

Comment

Same here. Lost my old account due to not having access to some old email account! Now im back for good.

Comment

Hello, I am here because I need help troubleshooting my LCD TV.

Comment

Hi there people of repairs, I am new to this community and I was told to post a "HELLO" message in this thread :-D

Comment

I've been in the electronics business since 1984....i started out soldering with a microscope on defense systems for government contracts.

I have repaired fiber optics, mainframe/line cards, computers, iphones, ipads, beats wireless headphone and in-ears headsets.

Today, i am the rework technician and soldering teacher for a company that makes crosswalks for the blind.
              I love my job and will retire with this company probably in 15 years.

Thanks for the personal welcome Topcat

Comment

Hello Peoples of the world!

My name is Bob and I am from Canberra Australia.

I have been building and repairing/troubleshooting computers for around 20 odd years, and although I never had an official job in the IT sector, I have always maintained a keen interest in it.

I have also been hosting a few websites for around 20 years too.

I guess like my favourite podcast, you could call me a Grumpy Old Geek!

Lately I have decided that the only way I would be able to afford a big ass tv for my lounge room wall was to get a dead one and fix it, so I have been on this mission for the last few weeks.

This is how I came across this forum. I will probably be asking a lot of questions (hopefully not too many stupid ones) and helping where and if I can.

I have had a quick look through some of the threads here and see a lot of stuff I need to learn if I want to keep troubleshooting and fixing tv's because I am really enjoying it!

Thanks for having me!

Comment

Damn look at some of these smilies

I'm from Melbourne Australia and I like desoldering circuit boards to relieve the pain of knowing I'll never have adventures in Africa with the French Foreign Legion. Trying to fix a TV at the moment.

Comment

Hi, I'm an Electrical Technical Officer who runs his own industrial automation business in Darwin, NT, Australia.

I came here because I was looking at failures within Industrial PCs (I have a client who has one that's failed), which are worth a pretty penny to buy second hand!

Comment

Hi there, I'm a retired electronics and communications engineer (emergency services) trying to get to grips with all this modern sorcery and thought the forum might be the place to be.
                      I might even fix my old Dell 2408 eventually!
                      Stay safe everyone in these difficult times

Comment

Hi all, I've worked as a software engineer, fix and build electronics for fun, and do live visuals for music in WebGL. My electronics knowledge is still developing, but I know that I enjoy soldering tiny, tiny things.

Comment

Good afternoon!

General trouble-maker and electronics man-about-town over in West Lafayette IN, employed by Purdue.

Comment

Hello there !!!
                            I'm a guy in the universe that likes gaming, coding things, and repairing a shit ton of laptops.

Comment

Hi! Looking forward to learning and sharing as much as I can

Comment

Hi im new here i deal with old refurbished pc in an amatuer dont know too much, came here to read and learn basic repair sorry my bad english

Comment

Hi I'm Robert B from vogons and TPU. I also post on lab501 forum in Romania.

https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=48835
                                  https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...porium.228932/

I mainly collect old HW and as expected, from time time I have to deal with those pesky bad caps. This forum is an invaluable tool not only for me but also for many others.

Keep up the good work. Great community here.

Comment

new member and thats it for now

Comment

Hi all new member first post I have been in the repair trade for over 30 years I like to share knowledge

Comment

Hi everyone. I'm Ed and I have repaired jukeboxes, pinball and video games for a number of years. I joined this forum to learn some new information.

Comment

Hi,

my name is Vito and I'm novice in SMPS repair. I joined to the badcaps because I'm looking for professional and valuable information.

Comment

Working...
                                          X