Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philips LCD TV with Sound, No Picture (model 42PFL5322/10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Philips LCD TV with Sound, No Picture (model 42PFL5322/10)

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
    Great job of tracking that down. Ironically, a bad fuse is mentioned in the 2 seconds to black guide, but I haven't mentioned it as a possible cause for a while now.
    Yes, I now see it... But it was really the CCFL test that helped me localize the faulty area.

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
    Anyway, thanks for the following up and getting your TV working again.
    No, thank you! What I am wondering about now is what made the original fuse blow. Usually a fuse blows in unexpected or out-of-spec conditions, and obviously, I haven't fixed anything besides the fuse.
    Last edited by sagie; 11-20-2011, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Re: Philips LCD TV with Sound, No Picture (model 42PFL5322/10)

Originally posted by sagie View Post
      Usually a fuse blows in unexpected or out-of-spec conditions, and obviously, I haven't fixed anything besides the fuse.
      I agree that fuses blow for a reason, but from what I have learned here with other cases, sometimes a fuse (like any other component) can just go bad on its own.

If I had to guess it would be one of those ICs (Nikos) that may have blown a fuse. However, since your TV works, that implies all the components on the inverter board are working fine.
      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Working...
      X