Illinois "PKSM" capacitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Illinois "PKSM" capacitor

What is this shit I mean it's some kind of general purpose caps, I know that, but why is there NO datasheet or sometin' when it's manufactured 12. week of 2015? That some daaamn custom part again?
    Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
    Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Re: Illinois "PKSM" capacitor

Any pictures of the offending item
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Too lazy right now, but these're small D5 mm (5 or 7 tall), 22 uF/50 V, all black, PKSM, 105 °C, 1512 manufacturing date, nothing else.

It's a little update, they used to use some no-name crap in there (Jiang Hai, Jamicon etc.) 22/50 for 85 °C max, but still, replaced them all just to be sure with Chemi-Cons LEs and KMGs (there are two spots where it does not like LEs). One of them already had 3times the ESR of the rest…and I don't particularly trust IC, especially with this they're showing.

Haven't them been like bought by CDE? It looks to me they changed almost ALL of their series since I've been going through them couple years back.
      Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

One oddity I noticed, looking through IC's products diagram, is that IC's series names are 3-character, not 4-character. So custom? Counterfeit? Quien sabe?
        PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
        To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Must be custom than. I took another unit as this one likely has bad CPU or something around the way. This time the one in the usual spot was totally done and couple others were bad too so I'll be replacing them as usually with something I trust.

Comment

Working...
          X