TCL 43" Model 43S525

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TCL 43" Model 43S525

Was given this new TV that has backlight but no picture.

- When both T-Con ribbon cables that run down to the driver boards are
    connected, I get no picture - just backlight.

- When I remove the left-side ribbon (facing back of TV), no picture.
    - When I leave the left-side connected and remove the right-side ribbon cable, I get a good image on the right-side of the screen. Seems to be exactly half the screen.

- I've swapped ribbon cables and there's no change so I know the ribbon are good. I've inspected the T-Con and driver board and don't see any obvious burnt or missing components. (not that I expected to)

QUESTION: Is it more likely that the problem is with the T-Con board or the driver board? OR, is it anyone's guess?

Any suggestions on further troubleshooting? Do I start looking for shorts, etc.?
    Attached Files

Re: TCL 43" Model 43S525

Backlight but no video tcon is first suspect and boards are usually fairly inexpensive. You can try connecting one side at a time between tcon and panel. If one side is good, you have a fault in the panel on the bad side.

Comment

I did try that.
      If I disconnect left side cable (from T-Con to driver board), I get a good picture on right side of screen.

If I connect only the right side, I get nothing on any part of the screen, just backlights.

Does this mean bad panel or something on the driver board?

Comment

If you get a good image on one side, it means the tcon is good and there is a fault on the bad side. You can try blocking some pins from the tcon on the bad side with the tape cutoff method.

https://techhometravel.com/repair-of...lines-on-a-tv/

Sorry only scanned your original post. Assumed you didnt test one side at a time. You should have posted pics of the screen.
        Last edited by neilc6; 04-18-2021, 11:40 PM.

Comment

I'll post pictures of the screen in the next day or two and also try the crazy tape cutoff method. Learned a lot watching those videos in the link you sent. Thanks.

Comment

On the bad side of the lcd panel board check for any shorted smd capacitors i have seen a few sets with bad smds causing this issue

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
              on the bad side of the lcd panel board check for any shorted smd capacitors i have seen a few sets with bad smds causing this issue
              +1

Comment

Originally posted by neilc6 View Post
                If you get a good image on one side, it means the tcon is good and there is a fault on the bad side. You can try blocking some pins from the tcon on the bad side with the tape cutoff method.

https://techhometravel.com/repair-of...lines-on-a-tv/

Sorry only scanned your original post. Assumed you didn't test one side at a time. You should have posted pics of the screen.
                neilc6, I watched some videos and did the tape cutoff method and narrowed it down to one clock signal line. Once I taped off just that one line (like doing micro-surgery), the TV looks perfect.
                Thanks a million. I never would have known about that method.
                Attached Files

Comment

The other issue you may encounter with Roku TVs is the default backlight settings will burn them out so you should turn it down.

https://techhometravel.com/turn-down...l-in-roku-tvs/

Comment

Yes, I tell everyone the same. Most TV repairs you see on youtube are backlight issues.

This TV went to my nephew and the first thing he said was that he hates a bright TV so he turn backlight/brightness down low.

Comment

Brilliant work nice one
                      Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Ok so the tape method worked for me though I have some questions. Right now I have 8 or 9 pins covered and the screen looks as it did before it went blue. No horizontal lines that I can see. Should I go through and try to eliminate pins one by one? Or can I leave as is?

How long does this fix last?

What am I missing on screen with all the 8 pins covered?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts on this.

Comment

check the video that says 4k tv fixed in the link in post #4.

Comment

Working...
                          X