Acer Switch One 10 N16P6 not turning on, blinking blue led ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer Switch One 10 N16P6 not turning on, blinking blue led ever

hi everyone, i recovered a laptop acer switch 10 model N16P6, the motherboard model is NB.LCT11.008

the laptop does not turn on but connecting it to the power supply you see a flashing blue light (qui il video: https://streamable.com/v6szm4)

first I checked the power supply which delivers 5v correctly
    then I unplugged the battery but it was the same
    I then tried to make some measurements near the power supply and I noticed this component (I don't understand what it is) that has no voltage and with the test leads on the two pins in diode mode it does not sound

do you have any ideas?

thank you
    Attached Files

Re: Acer Switch One 10 N16P6 not turning on, blinking blue led ever

Comment

There must be an error in the measurements.

The part that is shown @ 0V is on the same plane (trace) as the part on the right with the 5v19 reading.

So both points with the red arrows should read the same on the multimeter.

Can you check again ?

Red meter on the part with the 5v19 reading; Black meter to ground. Meter in DC volts @ 20v scale or higher.

Then use the red meter probe on the LEFT component shown in the attachment.
      Attached Files

Comment

you're right, measure that 5.19v too.

the components on this laptop are smaller and I didn't push well on the pad

how can i proceed?

Comment

1) any schematics available ? I could not find any, so far on this model.

2) based on the fact that this adapter is using 5v as the external power source, the logic board will use buck regulators (take the 5v as input -> output a LOWER voltage rail to power the device(s)).

3) check first on what does the blinking blue light mean ? Is there a blinking pattern for this LED ? The logic board is trying to tell you something.

4) Does it beep on power up ?

5) See attached. Meter in 20v scale. Red meter probe on the flash chip, pin #8; black meter probe to ground. What voltage do you see on the FLASH chip ?

Then repeat for the power inductor shown in the attachment. What voltage?
          Attached Files

Comment

1) not even I was able to find a wiring diagram, it seems impossible to find it

3) there doesn't seem to be a pattern for this flashing. The blue led flashes until you unplug the power supply

4) no sound at startup, motherboard flashes as soon as you plug in the power supply, no need to press the button

5) measurements are variable: https://streamable.com/aqkxim

Comment

Ok. So it appears your power supply is pulsing.

To confirm my understanding - the 5v19 rail is stable and does not pulse like this last video ?

Remove all power. Meter in resistance mode. Pick any low scale on your meter.

Then check the resistance to ground of the same pin #8 of the flash device. Red meter probe on pin # 8 and black to ground.

What is the resistance reading ?

We are checking for a low resistance of this (random) power rail which is probably 3v3 if working normally. It should be stable and not pulsing.

What are the full markings on the top side of this flash memory device ?

From the markings -> the datasheet can be found -> from which the Vcc = operating voltage can be confirmed for normal conditions.

Comment

I had to make you another video for the measurement on pin 8 because I have a doubt when it changes scale on the tester: https://streamable.com/hmzu8a

(I'm sorry but I'm still a sucker on the notions of electronics)

as regards the number of the bios it is: 25Q64FWTIM

1,8V right?

Comment

It is strange that you have 5k6 ohms on the 20k scale and yet 30k7 ohms on the 200k scale. Either way, the resistance looks not too low.

Yes, if the markings match on the flash chip match the datasheet details then the flash chip is a 1v8 operating voltage = Vcc.

This case will be a challenge without schematics. Something on this power rail is causing the voltage to pulse.

Check the voltage on the coil - is it also pulsing or is it stable ? So use your meter in DC volts scale (any voltage scale > 5 volts is ok). Red meter probe on the inductor; black meter probe on ground (could be a shield ground).

What is the voltage reading ?

Comment

i measured the coil and the inductance

https://streamable.com/dshsuh

Comment

hi. I have the same problem. and I've found the sot23-5 PbAa3 IC is faulty. but I don't know what the part number of it is. anyone can help me figure it out?

Comment

Post a clear pic of the top side of this defective IC.

Where is this part located on the board? Is it near a USB port?

Also post a pic or two of the other parts near this one.

Comment

this one. marking code: PbAa3

https://prnt.sc/aBcu3SBCrcIR
                          Last edited by YayangGTLC; 06-20-2023, 09:58 PM. Reason: the image doesn't show up

Comment

Working...
                          X