peavey xr1212

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

peavey xr1212

hi guy's im looking for a service manual for this peavey xr1212 mixer....

i have 2 parts that are burn and would like to replace them but cannot see info on them.....location is q3 and q4

so basicly,when client brought me this mixer,he have already took out these 2 parts....and what he told me is that the mixer have power but no light or disply,ect...but that the powerboard come very hot and start smelling like burning.....

so i kind of need these parts to make further test.any help would be very nice.thank you
    Attached Files

Re: peavey xr1212

have you got the schematic ? if not email peavey for it

Comment

i tryed,but never got a reply.....will try again

Comment

Well from picture 9 -gb19nc60kd

Comment

If these two fets are blown, I suspect the driver ic is also blown, check the resistors connected to the gate and follow them back to the drive circuit. I suspect there are more issues, hopefully Peavey will provide the schematics

Comment

thanks for the info,i will do as you told me to check.and yes peavey send me all schematics for this units,i let you know my progress.

Comment

Can you upload the schematics?

Comment

Originally posted by r_j View Post
                can you upload the schematics?
                +1
                Never stop learning
                Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

+2

Comment

hi guy's sorry for late info but like you asked here are the peavey shematic that peavey send me.
                    Attached Files

Comment

https://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDeta...AzAAUcdTHQmQ==

Comment

Thanks for posting these schematics!

Hoping to repair the speaker outs on my xr 1220.

Comment

Originally posted by tonytiger View Post
                          hi guy's im looking for a service manual for this peavey xr1212 mixer....

i have 2 parts that are burn and would like to replace them but cannot see info on them.....location is q3 and q4

so basicly,when client brought me this mixer,he have already took out these 2 parts....and what he told me is that the mixer have power but no light or disply,ect...but that the powerboard come very hot and start smelling like burning.....

so i kind of need these parts to make further test.any help would be very nice.thank you

Hi, hope the pic will be useful for you, I had same problem blown mosfet, the part number is 26NM60N. the SMD diod marking is 14G.

Comment

Originally posted by jo75 View Post
                            Hi, hope the pic will be useful for you, I had same problem blown mosfet, the part number is 26NM60N. the SMD diod marking is 14G.
                            attached pictures
                            Attached Files

Comment

Interesting ... that mixer uses the same amplifier board as the Peavey IPR1600 power amp ...

The original 2x components were IGBT's but several other fets can be used to replace.

Be a good idea to remove the amplifier side power fets and check them or you may blow the new PSU fets again on 1st power up.
                              Last edited by check12; 06-18-2022, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Peavey is a great company when it comes to providing schematics, etc. They will also sell parts if they have them, and they have had some parts to some very old amps I have repaired.

Comment

Hi Guys,
                                  Apologies for picking up on this fairly old thread.
                                  I have several Peavey XR1212's in my possession, and have built up a reasonable degree of expertise in diagnosing, localising and repairing the main power boards.
                                  Being SMD they are not easy to work on, and require a fair bit of dexterity with a soldering iron/heat gun! Not sure whaat solder was originall used, but it has a VERY high melting point!
                                  Interestingly, I have had issues identical to those described here, with regard to Q3 and Q4 giving up in spectacular fashion. They do appear to be a point of weakness on this board.
                                  I am about to replace these, so will post back in due course.
                                  If anyone has any additional detail, please post it.

Comment

The same main board is used in the XR8600D (not XR8600) as far as I can tell.

Comment

Working...
                                    X