samsung ln40b530p7fxza light up problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: samsung ln40b530p7fxza light up problem

As long as you do all your work without the power connected, you're ok. I mean, you are going to take that inverter board out before you work on it right... It will be disconnected at this time.
    The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

OK so I got the inverter transformer and tried to install it. I believe I burned one of the connectors on the inverter board.
      So here is a rookie question. What is the best way to remove all the solder off without burning the main board contact? also is there a place where I can maybe jump a wire from the transformer pin to another location to get it to wire up?

Ill post pics here soon.

Comment

ok here are the pics
        this is the one I replaced.

after.

Soldered side.

This is the one I believe I burned the contact on invereter board.

Maybe its just a bad solder job? I could not get all solder off.
        Last edited by Horty24; 10-25-2011, 09:38 PM.

Comment

It should be ok. Hook it up and try it. Lets see where we're at.
          The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

OK so I tried it and I get the same sypmtons. On for two seconds and off for 4 seconds and repeats the cycle. So I'm back to square one. I think my solder job stinks so Im going to take it to work and redo it.

Comment

OK So, I desoldered the transformer again and used a desolderin wick to get the holes nice and clean. re-inserted the transformer, and re-soldered it and whala....
              It worked. Thanks DGtech for commenting on my post.

So sympton was the tv would turn on for 2 seconds and off for 4 seconds while the sounds stayed on.

The find: burned inverted transformer.

Fix: Replaced the transformer. Picture comes back on and does not turn off.

Thanks Bad caps for this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by gmzombie View Post
                just to update replacing both inverter transformers fixed the tv. it now turns on and i can see it again.. thanks for your help.
                Hey Zombie or Horty,
                Sorry for reviving a year old thread, but I had the same issue, same TV as you. The board has been pulled to replace the offending transformer.

Just a practical question now... do you remember how you reattached the back light leads into the underside of the board when you reinstalled? Those filaments coming from the back lights are awfully delicate.

Just resetting the board in its old position doesn't reconnect the lights, since they need to be clipped in.

Thanks for any assistance!

Best, Tubafore
                Last edited by Tubafore; 09-01-2012, 01:50 PM. Reason: added another user

Comment

Hey Zombie or Hortie,
                  Sorry for reviving a year old thread, but I had the same issue, same TV as you. The board has been pulled to replace the offending transformer.

Just a practical question now... do you remember how you reattached the back light leads into the underside of the board when you reinstalled? Those filaments coming from the back lights are awfully delicate.

Just resetting the board in its old position doesn't reconnect the lights, since they need to be clipped in.

Thanks for any assistance!

Best, Tubafore
                  Last edited by Tubafore; 09-01-2012, 01:51 PM.

Comment

sorry to dig, I had a tv come in with a similar issue. I tested the diodes and i replaced the transformers and it still acts like its just not sending the power on signal. any ideas?

Nevermind, I retested my transformers and 1 of the new ones that i put in was bad.
                    Last edited by Alup; 10-15-2012, 07:45 PM.

Comment

hi! can anyone help me to send me an invitation at elektrotanya.com? Thank you. here is my email address annlim@ymail.com

Comment

Hi all,
                        I do have the same issue (ie tv goes off after 5 sec) on the same tv LN40B530P7NxZA but I could not find anything burned on the board. I am clearly not an expert but everything seems to be fine. I should add tha the tv does not go on anf off but off after a few seconds !
                        Any idea ?

Comment

Old thread I know, but I have the same problem.
                          I would like to ask about the blue transformer.
                          The blue transformer should show the same thing as the white ones?
                          Only two of the pins are going toward the CCFLs and the resistance it's a bit higher then the other transformers.(1161, 1171, 1168, 1165 and the blue is 1201)
                          One of the transformers was reading 1062 only and another had one winding open. These two I will replace, but I'm not sure about the blue one.
                          All three transformers have two output windings and the blue one only one.

Comment

I also have burned transformer will replacing it only cause new one to fail?Do i have to replace ccfl units.Where are lamps available from?

Comment

http://www.ccflwarehouse.com/
                              If the lamps are worn out, they draw too much current and cause transformers to burn out.
                              Worn out lamp will have blackened ends, or pink glow when is on.
                              http://s807.photobucket.com/user/bud...?sort=3&page=1
                              Never stop learning
                              Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                              http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Thanks great forum,great help.
                                Last edited by sputnikoff; 02-11-2016, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Is transformer failing due to tubes or just being driven too hard by back light settings?I have same issue top transformer gone(qgah02095).I guess just replace transformer and see what happens.I checked caps and diodes and removed display screens and inspected all 14 tubes all look good.

Comment

Hi,is it possible to remove the bad transformer for test purpose and putt back the board?
                                    at least i will know if something else is deffective?

Comment

As much as I hate to dig up an old thread, I'm new here, so I believe I'm limited to posting on old threads for now...
                                      I'm looking at this same TV; won't power on, red standby light blinks once when you hit the power button. I unplugged the cable from the power board to the main board to test voltages, and the back lights came on. The voltages at the power board seem to be correct, but I do believe I've got 2 leaking caps, in this case leaking out the bottom and not bulged at the top.
                                      I did plug the main board back into the power board, even did so with all other cables disconnected (T-Con, audio, power switch). No back lights that way, of course, and plugging the power switch in just lets me know the system is remaining in standby.
                                      So I'm wondering whether the main board is overloading the power board, or whether the power board just isn't putting out enough amperage to run the main board?

Comment

Post pictures of the boards.

Comment

Replace the 2 caps for starters, it may be your only problem.

Comment

Working...
                                          X