X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi Everyone!

I'm about to introduce my self:

I'm living in Sweden and I have been in the repair business for 12 years.
    I have been working with a lot Samsung and Apple products (mostly cellphones and laptops)

Comment

Hi Stephen from Canada - love to take stuff apart and see how it works! I took Chem in university, some electronics theory trickled in during the process. Always find myself wanting to know more.

I own a copier business and I often take old machines apart to see what makes them tick. Seems like such a waste sending all those good components to the recycler to be melted down...

Found myself here after doing an LED teardown. I want to build a bike light from some of the components... have already gleaned a tonne of useful learning from this forum.

Stephen

Comment

Hello, I'm Vlinares I would like to say hello, I appreciate the info here. Thank you.

Comment

I replaced MAIN BOARD DKEYMF452FM01 on LC-40LE810UN and looking for the file to configure the board, I understand it won't work if I don't do this. I would appreciate the info please.

Velia

Comment

Re:Hello all. My name is Marian.

I dicovered this forum by chanse.I was looking for some repair help for a computer monitor.
            Electronics is my hobby since I was 6 or 7 years old (now I'm retired) and I still love repairing and building stuff.
            Originally posted by petabyte View Post
            As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
            So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
            where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..

Comment

Google found this forum for me, while looking for info on a Supermicro 865W PWS-865-PQ that suffers from major coil whine, but only when the PSU is on standby.

So yeah, Hi! I guess.

Comment

Hello, I'm Dawid from Poland.

Comment

Hi all,
                  Roy from Melbourne Australia here.
                  I've been searching the web for a while now till found this great forum.
                  I've got my own IT Business and doing the occasional hardware repair.
                  Went the other day to replace a battery on a laptop and ended up with a burned chip on the motherboard. I could actually see the chip spark and smoke coming out. So looking for advise on how to get the Schematics of the HP Omen 15-5108tx notebook. Any ideas of a good source to get schematics and diagrams so I could identify the burnt chip would be greatly appreciated. ps the chip is burned so can't see the full part number on it.
                  cheers,
                  Roy

Comment

hi im lee from uk. not new to electronics but just moving in to laptop board repairs so wil probably need help

thans

Comment

good day fellow computer wizards am Samuel, and my fellow IT mates here at home call me "OGUDU" a nick kinda name. am from Nigeria and ive been working as a computer Tech for 4 years now, and i will say its has been a really interesting and also challenging path as we all know been here .
                      i started as an apprentice at a repair shop somewhere in my city for 2yrs and ive been working the rest out myself until now..
                      i was making a search on a laptop schematics and i came across this platform .and am happy to be here in the same pool with great tech personnel around the world .am honored to be here

Comment

Hi
                        We are from Lancashire England.

Comment

This is my introduction to the forum. This forum has instrumental in my ability to repair what can and helped me to understand what I cannot or should not attempt with my abilities at the time. Thanks to all the experts that take the time to share their knowledge.

Steve

Comment

Hi,
                            I found this forum while I was looking for a solution to repair a LG TV and I hope to learn a lot more here.

Comment

Hi, This is my first post. I live in Canada, but am from Europe originally. I love electronics and being here feels like paradise. This i my kind of reading. More later. It took me w while to figure out how to post here. LOL
                              Last edited by engyshe; 10-28-2020, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Hello, I'm Quentin from France. I'm here to try to repair a power supply board from a TV.
                                I am software engineer and repairing tv is my hobby.

Comment

I am a 30+ year tech. I cut my teeth as a bench tech at Telex. Mostly do laptop repair.

Comment

Helloo, Have a Greate day Everyone

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                                    As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                                    So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                                    where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..

Comment

Helloo Everyone, Have a nice Day to all.
                                      Im a beginner Board Level Tech in Laptop.

Comment

Hi, Have a greate Day Evryone.

even created some testing equipement for the production lines we had.
                                        after that, it seemed like electrtonics makers had left my country (or at least my region of it) ...
                                        I eventually got in to ITC through a schooling program after I had started playing with the PC, privately, in september 1997. My son was going to do IT in school and had requested we finally get our own PC. It was through my son too, that I got in to PC games.
                                        Anyway, I 've worked in professional ITC for nearly 4 years when I got made redundant.
                                        I am still without work now, but from time to time I work on private people's PC's and I 'm going to try to get with a firm that does this for a living ...

So, in short, I have extensive electronics knowledge, also with Surface Mounted Devices (I 've soldered thousands of them by hand in R&D, pre-production testing work and repairs). I bought components for the firm too.
                                        I 've worked in pro ITC long enough to get by.

That 's it (for now). If anyone wants to know more, drop me a message.

P.S.: I live in Belgium, Brussels is the capital, where a large piece of NATO does its business, with a large airport etc..
                                        I live about 45 kilometers north of our capital, near the port of Antwerp through which many an American soldier passed on his way to Germany for the 'Reforger' manoeuvers with other NATO troups in years passed.

Comment

Hello everyone. I am an electronics hobbyist and like to do and fix things myself. I have gotten a lot of information from this forum and finally registered, hoping to be able to contribute back to this community.

Comment

Working...
                                          X