• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Привет из Украины)

Comment

Thanks for adding me as member to this forum. I am a frequent DIYer and now hiting some electrical issues and lookig for help

Comment

I have retired this year. I studied industrial electronic engineering and have worked on it for more than 35 years. I also have a small electronic laboratory at home, where I do some development and repairs. I have repaired and restored cameras, and so far I have managed to maintain my audio, video, and household appliances by downloading the schematics and spending many hours on them. Now I have a lot of free time and since my 12-year-old PHILIPS PFL TV has broken, I have started to try to repair it. In most of the technical services and forums they tell me that it is a problem with the CCFL tubes, but the TV has only accumulated 11000h of screen. All the components of the Delta DPS-298 power supply seem fine, but the screen after a while on starts to flicker slightly, gets worse and turns off, keeping audio. I would like to know if anyone has had experience with this problem, and how to fix it. I have schematics and the TV service manual.

Comment

Hi All, I am from Perth, Australia. Got hooked into board repairs a few years back after many years of working internationally in a completely unrelated industry. Looking forward to learning more. Cheers.

Comment

hi to all experts, learners and seekers of the Art Field of Electrons, my name is naf, from pak, m sure this esteem platform is going to be the benchmark for a new technique of field of energy.

Comment

Hello All, This is John from India. Been a Hardware Engineer since last 20 years working with local companies in setting up their offices etc. Joined here to learn about chip level work.

Comment

hello all, i´m from Portugal, i work in electronics repairs...maybe i can help someone. thamks all. Rui.

Comment

Hi, I desperately need an archive and your forum might have it! I hope, Thank you !

Comment

Hi, my name is Stas, i am from Israel, and i love to repair stuff.

Comment

Hello, all! Yup, new guy here. Found this place hoping to fix a few TV's laying around. Hopefully I can get some helpful info from this place!

Comment

Hi
                        I am English, currently living in Spain but shortly moving to Bulgaria. I am retired. My first computer was the Commodore 64 with the tape drive. I describe myself as an experienced computer user who does all his own repairs. Now that I have more time I would like to learn much more about repairing TV, amplifiers etc.

Comment

ciao a tutti .
                          scrivo in italiano e sono entusiasta di unirmi a questo forum.
                          sono un tecnico informatico e spero di contribuire a questo forum

Comment

Looking forward to repair my old A1297 MacBookPro

Comment

Hi everyone!
                              I just got out university where I studied mechatronics engineering. I guess I got hooked on tinkering with electronics a little late but now I am interested in everything around me that breaks and stops treating its electrons properly.

I have repaired:
                              - an automatic night light (bad cap)
                              - an old benchtop PSU (bad transistor)
                              - a satellite receiver (multiple bad caps and faulty firmware)
                              - a randomly beeping microwave (bad button)
                              - a thing that makes milk foam (also a bad button)
                              - a bluetooth transceiver (bad Lipo battery)
                              - a tv remote (bad solder joints)

Sadly I failed at repairing an old, heavily drifting multimeter and a wifi range extender.

Future repairs might include, an old oscilloscope, audio amps, and the artifacting GPU in the shelf behind me. I hope I'll get to that level.

I am looking forward to reading through the forums and maybe posting from time to time. Probably more questions than answers though.

Comment

Hello all, I've been building my own computers since 1998 but not much to tell on the repair front until now when thanks to hands that shake a bit I had an accident with a capacitor which brought me here. Never heard of the site until I went looking for said capacitor replacement and I have to say I'm very impressed with both the topics and knowledge here.

Comment

Hi guys, My name is Mouloud I'm from Montreal Canada, I found your forum when i was searching for shorted capacitor removed from my dead laptop and trying to find some informations about smd capacitors, so i decided to join your fantastic forums. I Hope to have some fun here as well as learning more about computer electronics and and sharing my little experience with you.

Comment

Good day, my name is Nichol my job is computer service techinician, thank you for this previllage to become a member of badcaps.net its really a great help for me as far as my job is concerned, here the members can share ideas and experiences to other members and to more productive.
                                    Thank you very much to admin /moderator..

Comment

Hi, will post a new thread on a fixing a bad Samsung LCD, with a bad 0.1uF capacitor on the panel.

Comment

Hello everyone i'm Maichel Oliveira Silva from Brazil.

Comment

Hi, on here because I need some help unlocking my BIOS :3.

Comment

Working...
                                          X