Trying Win 10 Install Preview!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying Win 10 Install Preview!

Hi guys; Today it came to my mind,why not to try to install Win 10 Preview on my Hp DV-6 1259DX, nothing to loose,
    So i removed the original 500BG HDD with Win7 Home Premium installed,and replaced it with an HDD 250GB that i had in my scrap.

First i went to the same site where i downloaded Win Vista ISO for the other laptop HP-DV-5,and downloaded Win 7 Home Premium Iso and burned Image to a DVD-RW and installed it,i had no problems, everything installed and updated OK automatically accepted the activation key,o i went to the site for win 10 upgrade Preview and registered and started to download win 10 preview build 9926,at first it gave me some errors that failed upgrade to Win 10 Preview build 9926,these are the codes i came across.
    code;800401fd,802400b,80240055, i checked with Microsoft, what were those errors and how to fix, learned if i had error codes to try Dr Fix it, i did run Dr fix it, and afters a few tries to upgrade,rebooted and tried upgrade one more time, now the Upgrade started and installed and now everything is running smooth so far nothing to point out,installed Google Chrome and now i'm set,

When i boot to desktop it gives me the choice of Win 10 preview and Rollback
    i don't know what that means is it I can go back to win7?

Here's a pic attach of the desktop.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ivtec; 02-04-2015, 10:31 AM.

Re: Trying Win 10 Install Preview!

I wouldn't roll back unless your Windoes 7 iso has come feom a quality source.
    Last edited by diif; 02-04-2015, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
      I wouldn't roll back unless your Windoes 7 iso has come feom a quality source.
      I don't care about the source quality, as long Win 7 works good without problems .

Comment

Originally posted by ivtec View Post
        I don't care about the source quality, as long Win 7 works good without problems .
        When there are legitimate sources online for Windows 7 you should care.
        It might be working correctly for you but there's a very big chance its been meddled with and your system is compromised.

Comment

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...f-662b56ef408c

Has links to all of the digital river Windows 7 downloads with SHA1 checksums to verify.

Comment

^ or http://forum.notebookreview.com/wind...languages.html

these have SP1 in them too! If you need SLP/SLIC, swap the cerificates and enter the corresponding key when activating (what I do, anyway) after the install.
            Last edited by ratdude747; 02-05-2015, 06:34 AM.
            sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Originally posted by ratdude747 View Post
              ^ or http://forum.notebookreview.com/wind...languages.html

these have SP1 in them too! If you need SLP/SLIC, swap the cerificates and enter the corresponding key when activating (what I do, anyway) after the install.
              So far Win 10 Preview is working great from Win 7 upgrade from the suspect ISO,and hope it will keep that way,if not it will just take me 2 minutes to swap HDD to the original Win 7.

Also can you tell me please what is the difference between Win 10 preview build 9926 and
              Current previews of Windows 10 such as Windows 10 Technical Preview build 9841, 9860, 9879 that will all expire April 15th 2015.thanks

Comment

I might have to give Win10 a try just for the new IE hardware acceleration in win8+. My mobile GPU is starting to lag a little.
                "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

atleast theres a start menu and a classic looking desktop interface. If it was tiles and metro, its going to be another MS stillborn downs syndrome baby.
                  <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
                  Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
                  http://folding.stanford.edu/
                  Team : 49813
                  Join in!!
                  Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                    atleast theres a start menu and a classic looking desktop interface. If it was tiles and metro, its going to be another MS stillborn downs syndrome baby.
                    if you screen is smaller than 8in then you got tiles!
                    Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                      My thoughts exactly. Free performance boost for doing nothing is great, especially on a laptop where it is so sorely needed. Only caveat is I have to say goodbye to SLIC activation and use AutoKMS.

Here's a tip. Go to the Microsoft section in Task Scheduler and disable a lot of useless Microsoft events that do nothing but bog down the system.
                      "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Originally posted by goontron View Post
                        By default? Or is it "locked"?
                        sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Originally posted by goontron View Post
                          So when you have a small screen, it wastes more space on huge tiles?
                          "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                          -David VanHorn

Comment

Originally posted by ratdude747 View Post
                            By default? Or is it "locked"?
                            not sure, they didn't say.
                            Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

will all the spyware be removed in the "release" version?

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                                will all the spyware be removed in the "release" version?
                                Apparently, but why should we believe that?
                                "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                                -David VanHorn

Comment

we shouldnt, i'm just reminding noobs that it's there.

Comment

From the EULA

When you acquire, install and use the Program, Microsoft collects information about you, your devices, applications and networks, and your use of those devices, applications and networks. Examples of data we collect include your name, email address, preferences and interests; browsing, search and file history; phone call and SMS data; device configuration and sensor data; and application usage. For example, when you:

install the Program, we may collect information about your device and applications and use it for purposes such as determining or improving compatibility,

use voice input features like speech-to-text, we may collect voice information and use it for purposes such as improving speech processing,

open a file, we may collect information about the file, the application used to open the file, and how long it takes any use it for purposes such as improving performance,

or enter text, we may collect typed characters and use them for purposes such as improving autocomplete and spellcheck features.

Comment

well if the font is big enough it should boost the number of Linux users.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                                        we shouldnt, i'm just reminding noobs that it's there.
                                        For the spy thing,believe it or not it is everywhere,and no way to avoid it, as long you use any kind of tech this days connected to the internet, if you don't want to be spied on, just don't go in the Internet, don't use phones and so on,that's the risks one takes,besides
                                        with me i don't care , have nothing to hide,i don't have nothing in my computer that is any good for spy's,only use web for surfing web and streaming,don't keep bank accounts in my Pcs,i'm more worried about damn adds and virus and malware, that can destroy my computer's health,the rest is bull that one has to leave with,you may take some steps to minimizing the spy thing but that costs money and is not bullet prove,nobody is safe as long you want to benefit from the tech.

Comment

Working...
                                        X