Pioneer Magnetics PM33 5000W switchmode supply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pioneer Magnetics PM33 5000W switchmode supply

Hello friendly Badcaps community. I'm repairing a 5000W switchmode power supply. Pioneer Magnetics are being incredibly unhelpful, so I'm all the more determined to fix it anyway . Would anyone have experience with these supplies or know where a circuit diagram may be found?

Cheers.

Re: Pioneer Magnetics PM33 5000W switchmode supply

No takers i see, well Meanwell make similar supplies so I will look into shoehorning one in for now, but if anyone in Australia would like to try to repair one of these supplies I'm happy to offer to pay.

Comment

Re: Pioneer Magnetics PM33 5000W switchmode supply

5,000W power supplies would be well outside of the experience of most folks here. I think the highest I've worked with is 3000W and not from Pioneer Magnetics. My limited experience with Pioneer is from the early 1990s. If they still do as they did then, beware of schematics they provide users. They often have intentional inaccuracies to hinder reverse engineering.
      PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
      To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Working...
      X