This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, here to get some technical advice on my Samsung plasma.

Comment

Hi im really in a rush so ill introduce myself later... Right now im searching for a cap to fix my broken samsung tv.... So i can watch the F1 race at silverstone. This forum is wonderful btw. Holla atcha later forum ppl.

Comment

I think I should note first that Petabytes original post said something about keeping it short or this thread will get over 6 pages, and I believe mine will fall at page 1072 or so.

I have always been the DIY kinda person, my moto being "Why pay someone to half ass it when I can half ass it myself for free and learn something in the process?" Mechanical things have always been pretty easy for me, there are parts, one or more is not functioning properly so replace what is broken and voila, you have a perfectly functioning thingamajig again. I started with computers sometime in the 90's, mostly just tearing them up. I finally started attempting repairs myself and realized that electronics werent as magical as I had thought (though I still have a ton to learn). I have been teaching myself the ins and outs of all things electrical for a few years and though I am getting better I still get stuck way too much for my liking.

I absolutely love forums and YouTube. In my opinion there are no better ways to use/abuse the internet than to learn something new!

Comment

Hello World,
          With zero electrical and electronic background, I recently has some luck with tinkering with home electronics like TVs, Radio, Printers, etc. simply by "monkey-see-monkey-do" method over YouTube.
          Beyond part-to-part replacement and some obvious component level replacement, I am basically stuck at YouTube tutorials. So looking forward to learn by attending libraries of tutorials here

Comment

Bom dia. Fiz o registo porque preciso de ajuda em relação à minha TV. Espero que me consigam ajudar. Obrigado

Comment

Hello there. Trying to repair my TV, and about to purchase my first soldering/electronics kit. I will probably have all kinds of stupid questions about all kinds of things. So, sorry and thanks inadvance

Comment

Hello! I'm a long time soldering iron junkie but I tend to repair things on the macro level than the micro level. Would like to know a little more about electronics than just hacking repairs to get by.

And also I want to PM syn-fi as I think he has the answer to one of my problems!

Comment

Hi from Italy

Comment

Hello everyone. I´m happy to be in this forum, and I hope to learn very much from you, and help whenever I can. Thank you so much.

Comment

Hi, I am an electronics engineer, and I have been repairing my electronics in these last years without any difficulty. But now I came across a problem on my onkyo receiver that is very difficult to solve. So I decided to ask the forum for help. I am Brazilian and I hope also to be able to help with my experience.

Comment

Hello all.

I'm a newbie from the UK.

Not an expert on anything, but like to try and understand how stuff works, am definitely not one of the 'throw it away and buy a new one' brigade, so I like to see if I can fix something, a hands-on DIYer.

Don't have much electronic knowledge, enough to use a basic multi-meter, and can solder, but not as far as replacing components like caps on PCBs.

Reason for joining Badcaps is, I've got a 12-yr old Samsung LCD TV just stopped working, have read up much on other forums about possible problems, but this seems by far the best forum, so hope to get some answers.

Comment

Hey, my name is PromooCodes. I am from Virginia. I have recently joined this forum. I am very excited to gain new technical knowledge and skills from you guys. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hello everyone!!
                            I'came across this forum while searching for a bios file to help a friend...i'must say i'was really surprised for the amount of grateful people here,the moderators really know their job!!!
                            i'm Henry,39 years old,owner of a small Gaming shop..glad to be a member,and i'hope to learn and help as much as i'could

Comment

hi Guys, I'm new one here, I work in tech. Two years ago I passed a electronic courses and this became my hobby. I enjoy fixing different stuff. While looking for information over internet found this forum, and it seems really cool, so I decided to register. Thanks for reading, have a nice day!

Comment

I am also new, but not new to electronics.

Comment

Hi everyone, my name is Al. Ran into a problem with HP Support not being able to help me. Upon research I manage to find this website, with lots of info and people that share same interest. Sign me up, hopefully i can bring something to the table like everyone else and share my experiences. thank you.

Comment

Hallo to everyone. I am Sam from Kenya. I am passionate about hardware and software. What has brought me to this wonderful platform is the immense knowledge being shared by everyone. Which I believe would be absolutely helpful.

Comment

Good afternoon!
                                      I have a passion for repair instead of replace and although I'm not much good at testing to find faulty components occasionally one is so burned out its obvious.
                                      I have come here for a little advice on caps and their ID numbers so will go to the appropriate thread to ask.
                                      I'm based in Cornwall, uk

Comment

Hi all, new to badcaps, but I've been in IT for more than 10 years. Run my own consulting business in Hawaii.

Comment

Hi guys , Im new to the forum , looks like a great site !!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X