No announcement yet.

Sony KDL-46Z4100 another TCON problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony KDL-46Z4100 another TCON problem?

Hi All
    As is see postings are from 2013, but i thought to give it a shot . I have the same problem with this model Sony KDL 46 Z4100. Vertical colors lines . That's it. Should i look for this chimera of T-CON board ? Just can't afford a new TV now and i'm using a LG 32 inch as a backup...ouch .
    Any feedback is appreciated .
    Thank You
    Attached Files

Comment

To me, that looks like a bad panel.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I have a KDL-46EX1 with the same issue of vertical color lines, the T-con board has Sony part no. A1567986A label 1-878-182-11, cannot find a replacement anywhere, just wonder is another board with same label 1-878-182-11 but different Sony part no compatiable?
        Any feedback is appreciated .

Comment

Do the lines move around with the old TCON? they did on the sony where I replaced the main board. What is the number on the sticker on the TCON, I'll see if I cand the one I bought before the main board.

Comment

Yes the vertical color lines move around and when you change channels or press menu on the remote.
            The number on the TCON is 1-878-182-11 A1567986A YX089700A
            The number on the main board is A1726506A 7050778 16411992
            Thanks

Comment

Why does the thread end here I have the same problem as chuck not dave my tv look the same and the lines move when on cable tv was it the main board or tcon???

Comment

hey everyone, very new to the forum, but it looks like I have found the right place to get my recently purchased and very used kdl-46z4100 back into working order. All is great with the TV but it looks like the whiteness in the video color is gone and people look orange and and the overall picture has a orange film to it. Is this the tcon board or the gamma IC (as15-f) on the board that is causing the discoloration or a problem with the back light inverter? from what ive read this issue is from the gamma IC. I can post a picture later when I get back home. I got it for $250 which I am really happy about but would like to see if I can fix the issue with a $2 chip vs a $130 board.

Comment

KDL-40VL160 also uses A1564648A tcon. If i connect both ribbon connectors, my tv will come on with dark blue screen, then shut off after about 10 secs.
                  If I disconnect one ribbon connector, the tv will come on with half white display and half normal display. This tells me there is a short on the side with the white display.
                  I did resistance checks comparing readings of one ribbon connector to the other. and found a shorted pin on the bad side ribbon connector. When I disconnect the ribbon cable on the bad side and read resistance, the short is on the tcon side and not the panel side of the ribbon cable.
                  I know this is long, but it is one way of isolating one half of the tcon and verifying that the tcon is definitely bad.

Comment

The shorts are probably the TFT IC drivers on the flexible PCB between the LCD GLASS panel and the long PCB where the flexible PCBs are bonded to.
                    Never stop learning
                    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Hi everyone, an update to my vertical strip display problem, finally I obtained a replacement T-con part no. A1567986A label 1-878-182-11, put it in but the issue remains, so it is down to the main board or bad panel.

Comment

Hi, I have attached some images of my TV display, the vertical stripes moves around, does this appears to be a bad panel? Any feedback is appreciated!
                        Thanks.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Worth reading this document "Sony lcd tv tcon troubleshooting and replacement" - Google and there are multiple sources.

There is a similar but different document called "Sony tcon training manual". It shows examples of tab bond failures too.
                          Last edited by blouis79; 12-03-2014, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blouis79 View Post
                            Worth reading this document "Sony lcd tv tcon troubleshooting and replacement" - Google and there are multiple sources.

There is a similar but different document called "Sony tcon training manual". It shows examples of tab bond failures too.
                            Like this?
                            https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...4&postcount=12
                            Never stop learning
                            Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                            http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Yes. That's probably where I got them from.

Comment

Hi,

Have already swap T-CON, Main board, cable from Main board to T-CON, so the only thing left is panel, unless someone have other ideas, thanks.

Comment

Hey guys, I have this issue with my KDL-46z4100:

When I turn it on the image is white with a strips, and after a minute turns completely white.

Do you think it's a bad TCON? Or a bad panel?

Thanks in advance!
                                  Attached Files

Comment

i have a sony with vertical lines with a burning hot gamma chip

Comment

Did someone here was able to fix it or can confirm this is the panel it self? Thanks!!

Comment

I've dealt with this board a few times now. I have successfully repaired quite a few but they are no walk in the park. On those four dc/dc converter outputs you should be receiving 1.0 volts for the core voltage 3.3 volts 12 volts and 2.2 volts or something to that liking. You can test these at the outputs after each of the 4 black coils. If one DC converter voltage regulator goes bad it will drag down one of the voltages. In order to repair this you need to replace all 8 DC converters including the converter drivers on the opposite side of the board. There will be two of these one for each bank of 4. Along with that replace the 4 diodes. This should get you up and going if you're missing any voltages.

Also noise in one of the stage outputs cause all sorts of problems. Mostly the 1.0v for the cpu and the 3.3v for ddr ram.
                                        Last edited by freakaftr8; 11-03-2015, 12:37 PM.
                                        Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Hi, what you mean "opposite side of the board"? Does it mean the bottom side?
                                          What drives those voltage regulators. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                          X