Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[FAQ] Atten 858d problem S-E (or 5-E) or stuck in 498'C.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: [FAQ] Atten 858d problem S-E (or 5-E) or stuck in 498'C.

??
    you have 4 wires,
    2 are the element that is exposed.
    the other 2 are the sensor.

Comment

Thermocouple (+) is the skinny red wire, it is unique because a magnet will stick to it- it's iron. You will also get continuity to the thermocouple tip at the end.

Comment

These machines are really hit or miss. I'm looking at getting a T12 soldering iron station, it seems that kgser is the original hakko copier and seem to have the best ones. Eruntop looks like they make their hot air stations, but I'm not vouching for either. I got my hot air station off ebay some time ago, it has been ok, with some notable issues (fuse on neutral)...

Comment

Hello,
          have too one atten 852+ which has worked ok for several years
          now has decided to not going sleep anymore
          it heated properly and cooling down when put on rest
          but display jumps from temp to temp and not going a sleep
          maybe someone faced same?
          br

Comment

check the cable for breaks if it's old - i'v seen that lots of times on soldering irons.

Comment

Originally posted by senndogg View Post
              Its only a week i have been working with my new Atten 858D+ heating station and i have experienced a problem. The station showed S-E in the digital display, the blower fan was ok but it was NOT heating. Searching the web showed that the heating element was gone, this was an error code, but it was not true. Measuring it showed 70 Ohms. Also the mosfet which drives it was not shorted. The station was also stuck in 498'C sometimes, again no heat.
              Browsing again and saw some unresolved topics, there is one at a well-known polish forum. Mine is in warranty too but i was not thinking about shipping it ti China.
              After close inspection at the small circuit in the gun, i could distinguish a cold joint at the soldering of the thermocouple sensor. Bingo!
              Now the heating is working great again!
              Thanks for reading.

First pic is the Atten 858D+. At the moment it is OK, SLP means "sleeping".
              Second pic is the culprit.
              If I were doing this repair I would resolder all of the joints on this board
              9 PC LCD Monitor
              6 LCD Flat Screen TV
              30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
              10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
              6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
              1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
              25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
              6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
              1 Dell Mother Board
              15 Computer Power Supply
              1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
              2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
              All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

today got an 858d that was not heating and after a while give error H-E or H-3 (cant remember if it was down facing). after resolder old solder, check resistor, thermocouple, try another termocouple i ordered the tric bat12 800b. after that i measured all wires (8 wire) to just be sure it was not a wire problem and guess what ? black wire not reading continuity.... now i have ordered 8x0,5mm cable 10meters for 17€ need also those arduino cable terminal to put them back properly

edit: have to check cable thikness .. maybe 0,5mm are too small
                Last edited by dellxps15; 10-06-2022, 09:54 AM.

Comment

arduino?
                  you mean Dupont terminals?

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                    arduino?
                    you mean Dupont terminals?
                    i mean the female wire terminal plug

Comment

I realise this thread is somewhat old, however I have had problems with an Atten 858D+ which stopped entering sleep mode, and found a solution which might help someone, someday?

The problem started after the unit was lent to a friend and the only way to get the heater to chill out was by holding the heater gun above where it was sitting naturally.
                      After failing to locate the reed switch, the situation was resolved by putting a thick band of tape onto the heater handle so the the gun sat about 20mm, or 3/4's of an inch, higher up in the saddle.

It's not pretty, but it was done about two years ago and it is still working fine.
                      Attached Files

Comment

maybe the plastic moved on the metal bracket?
                        or the magnet got loose inside it.

Comment

Working...
                        X