Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio ss2521-c6 no power issue

Hi all,

I've got a vizio ss2521-c6 that's not powering on. Initially I hooked it up to my kil-a-watt meter and was seeing it was drawing 0.06w for a couple seconds after I would plug it in and then zero out. When I opened it up I didn't see anything scorched or exploded (it's a black main PCB so I couldn't see what was the potential problem easily), so I started checking output voltages on the PSU in the thing and sometimes would get 24v and sometimes wouldn't. I reconnected the PSU to the board in case somehow it controlled the PSU 24v output over the two 24v wires coming out of it. When I plugged it back in and plugged the AC back in it did the same 0.06w draw on my meter, but also shot a spark out of the power input side of the main PCB. Being the genius I am I unplugged it and replugged it and it did the same thing again. Once I started looking closer I noticed one of the pins was detached on a APW7301 IC. I checked the datasheet and the leg that was broken/arching was the Vin for the 24V.I guess at some point that leg broke/exploded off and was arching to the IC, which had a rather nice sized hole in the top now.

I'm assuming the APW7301 is the only thing wrong with it so far, but I'm having trouble finding a replacement that isn't shipping from China/Hong Kong. Is there a suitable replacement for this chip out there from another manufacturer I could find from one of the usual US retailers (digikey, mouser, etc)? I really would rather not wait the 3-8 weeks shipping times I'm seeing for it on eBay and Aliexpress. I already did some digging on the TI website and found some that are electrically compatible, but don't have the same footprint or pinouts. Looking up replacements for these kinds of power IC's is not something I'm particularly good at so any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Please let me know if anyone would like or needs any pictures of the board or more details/info I'll be happy to add it.
Working...
X